Short-tail pgymy monitors?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie2257

Reaction score
i went to the reptile park and saw these little monitors, i have done a bit of looking around on the internet and found out what licence you need and everything but couldent find anyone selling then or how much they woud be. if anyone could help me with thins it would be great.
thanks eddie.
icon7.gif

They sell for 700+ each, as they only have small clutches and are tricky to get breeding (this is what Iv been told , correct me if im wrong) not sure on temps sorry

Troy Martin bred them on a number of occassions, in fact I'm almost certain he was the source of the reptile parks Brevi's. Get yourself 'Keeping and breeding Australian lizards' edited by Mike Swan, should have specific care on them.

ive got some keeping them at a basking spot of 45 to 55 degrees great little monitors very active and entertaining, around $600+
hope this helps

You can try the 2 licenced takers here in WA to see if they have any.

Dave (pilbara Pythons) or Gary (west aussie reptiles)

Hello, you will love keeping brevis. They are one of my very favourite critters. Mine are very active through the warmer months and will go about their business while you sit in front of them watching their antics. Even feeding from your hand. They are very comical little buggers, strutting around like a big old lacie or snoozing in a corner like they are sitting up in an arm chair and stuff like that.
I've been trying a couple of different things with them and keeping more of a tab on events this year and was planning a thread on it all once the season is done but basically you'll want a basking spot at least in the fifties and up to even the high sixties. The ambient temp is also important, a minimum of around forty through the day in the breeding season will keep them active. Being a small animal in these temps they need access to a humid (but not wet) piece of burrowing substrate so they don't dehydrate. I've seen them drink from a water bowl - which they take great pleasure in filling full of sand as soon as you change.
I have a few clutches incubating and a few more yet to come by the look of things - touch wood.
I've had clutches ranging from two eggs in their first season up to five at adult size.
Anyhow I'm no great authority and this is just how I do things but have had some success with them for a few years now. Hope I was of some help.

Brevicauda

ive got some keeping them at a basking spot of 45 to 55 degrees great little monitors very active and entertaining, around $600+
hope this helps

Hi Ridgie1,
Do you still breed and sell brevis?

Regards,
Dario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back