should i clip nails?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_beardie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey i was just wondering, does anyone get their beardie's nails clipped? my beardy's are getting quite sharp but i dont know where i would go?

I don't i just put lots of rocks and sticks to wear their nails down naturally so they don't get too sharp

only 2 of my beardies get their nails clipped (out of 7) cos only 2 have nails that grow to the point where they stand funny and/or get caught in the carpet.

i do it myself with human clippers and an emery board, clip a tiny amount and file a bit per week otherwise u cut the wick and they bleed.

those with sharp nails i leave so they can climb to the best of their abilities! :)

yeah well i would like to clip them because he scratches my hands and legs but then i think in the wild they wouldn't get clipped so i should just leave it.

Haha, im always covered in scratches!! :)

if it bothers you take the very tip off with human clippers, clip the 'flat side' of the nail (that would be a 90 degree angle to how you'd clip ur own if that makes sense)
alternatively you could just try something abrasive where he digs, one of my beardies wore hers down to the flesh just from digging in a melamine enclosure with sand,...she was the first one who started free ranging cos i couldnt stop her digging even though she'd run out of nails,....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back