Show tank reptile suggestions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really up to you, both make amazing first snakes so whatever you like more you should go with :)

Well, both normally have great temperaments, although womas do have a strong feeding response, womas would also normally get a bit smaller than Darwin carpets too, but besides all that, they are really such good beginner snakes and I highly recommend going with one, hope this helps :)

Only thing I can think that might help is height of your enclosure, woma's are more terrestrial (meaning hang out on ground all the time) where carpets are both terrestrial and arboreal so will climb branches etc and utilise the height of an enclosure much more than a woma.

Thank you i’ve decided on a darwin carpet python! should i start off keeping it in a tub until it’s big enough for the main enclosure?

Yeap you can get everything that you'd use for large enclosure and just put it in tub until big enough. You can even put tub IN the big enclosure when you've built it, saves on space. You'll be able to tell when little noodle is ready to go into bigger area, usually round year mark. Maybe earlier depending on personality and amount of hides etc available.

Sorry, You used to have albums of photos people could see by clicking on your profile, (been a while since I have been on here and that function seems to no longer be available)

You can see photos of my enclosure in the For Sale Section, will be on the second page of listings. May also be a photo in my for sale listing "23ft of Pythons"

Latest posts

Back