Show us Your Ants! The Antaresia Appreciation Thread!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet mate! Hope you get some good luck! Make sure to post some more baby pics when more hatch! :)

bit late to the appreciation party but heres my one year old childrens python!

Attachments

• 330C6837-7FFC-4352-BB29-FBD5ED2242DB_4_5005_c.jpeg
    330C6837-7FFC-4352-BB29-FBD5ED2242DB_4_5005_c.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 13
  • E901A4B5-46AC-4FBF-A840-2DC1FEC260F5_4_5005_c.jpeg
    E901A4B5-46AC-4FBF-A840-2DC1FEC260F5_4_5005_c.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 13
  • bbbbbeeeeeddddllleee.jpg
    bbbbbeeeeeddddllleee.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 14
I think this pair of marbles is adorable with their matching patches :) Haha, maybe it's just me. It's still a little early to be sure but the male (right) looks like he'll be a nice vivid orange adult with the normal black/dark pattern, and the female looks like she'll be a pale/'white' marble with the 'silver' markings.

I wanted to keep this pair but unfortunately we just couldn't allocate space for them, so once they're feeding and ready to go... they will. I'll enjoy them in the meantime though :)

The oldest ones are now ready to go and they're all keeping me very busy!Smudgies.jpgSmudge pair.jpg

I think this pair of marbles is adorable with their matching patches :) Haha, maybe it's just me. It's still a little early to be sure but the male (right) looks like he'll be a nice vivid orange adult with the normal black/dark pattern, and the female looks like she'll be a pale/'white' marble with the 'silver' markings.

I wanted to keep this pair but unfortunately we just couldn't allocate space for them, so once they're feeding and ready to go... they will. I'll enjoy them in the meantime though :)

The oldest ones are now ready to go and they're all keeping me very busy!View attachment 332669View attachment 332670
Awesome stuff bro!! They look awesome!! šŸ˜€

Wow, nearly a year since anyone posted in this thread, and exactly a year since anyone other than myself posted a picture in it.

Am I posting in the wrong area or is this place dying?

Well, either way, I'll stick up a few pictures. These very cute little critters hatched out last week. It makes me very happy when we get them coming out looking this good.

a Chimy 3.jpgb Chimy 1.jpgChimy 1 yummy checkerboard.jpgd Chimy 2.jpg

I always want to keep them but we always end up selling them. This year I think we'll be keeping at least a pair from this clutch.

Wow, nearly a year since anyone posted in this thread, and exactly a year since anyone other than myself posted a picture in it.

Well, either way, I'll stick up a few pictures. These very cute little critters hatched out last week. It makes me very happy when we get them coming out looking this good.

View attachment 334619View attachment 334620View attachment 334621View attachment 334622

I always want to keep them but we always end up selling them. This year I think we'll be keeping at least a pair from this clutch.

That there is beautiful, I will put some pics up of mine to try and get this thread going again.

Out of interest, do you ship interstate?

These are my 2 Ant. Childreni.
Tarble Boy and Marble Girl
First Snakes I have owned in probably 15 years, really looking forward to getting them up to breeding size. The snake bug has certainly bitten again to the point that I am selling off most of my dragons and geckos to get more!! Next on the list is some super white marbles, if I can find them.

Tarble boy dec22.jpgMarble dec22.jpg

View attachment 334619View attachment 334620View attachment 334621View attachment 334622

i want one... surely these are for sale for a cheap and reasonable price... i asked my misses
do you have pics of previous hatchlings as adults?

That there is beautiful, I will put some pics up of mine to try and get this thread going again.

Out of interest, do you ship interstate?

Sure do send snakes interstate. Sometimes I've even been known to deliver them personally - any excuse for a road trip, haha.

Herpetology: Indeed, very cheap and reasonable.

No pictures of adults I can share. I always want to keep them, but they tend to get sold... they're as popular as you'd imagine and if I'm made an offer I can't refuse, I don't. Some of the adults turn out quite spectacular. They vary plenty, as you'd well expect. I say this every year and it never happens, but I plan to keep at least a pair this season. I haven't asked for permission to share pictures of adults, but there are some kicking around if you take a look.

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

here is my striped blonde spotted trying to cover her first clutch
She laid 16 eggs plus 5 slugs, it is now down to 9 eggs. I am happy with that, it is her first time after all

Attachments

• Monaro's 1st clutch.jpg
    Monaro's 1st clutch.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

How is a Chimera made? What parents do you start with?

I am afraid it is dying mate, all forums are dying, I recently let my Bearded Dragon Forum (ABDF) slip into non existence due to lack of people coming to look, a sad day for me. But nobody wants to look at forums anymore, they just want likes

Last edited:
I am afraid it is dying mate, all forums are dying, I recently let my Bearded Dragon Forum (ABDF) slip into non existence due to lack of people coming to look, a sad day for me. But nobody wants to look at forums anymore, they just want likes
Facebook certainly has been killing off forums for about 10 years now, and something more niche like a Bearded Dragon forum was always going to have a challenge, but there are still people who see how hideous Facebook is, how valuable a specific forum is (Likely your Beardy forum was, and I'm sad to hear what happened), and some will actively seek out and support forums which exist away from Facebook. I'm quite torn over this one, APS. On one hand I think it's very valuable to have a non Facebook, private Australian herp forum so I want to support it. On the other hand, this one is run and moderated so poorly that I feel like I should avoid it. Most of my friends think I'm stupid for having anything to do with APS because of that. The moderators don't seem to either not be aware or how to properly run a forum or they aren't sufficiently able to put in the time. Given that their main efforts seem to be in attempting to resurrect dead threads and they completely ignore the problems they should be addressing (as opposed to even making an attempt to deal with them), it seems likely to be the former.

Facebook certainly has been killing off forums for about 10 years now, and something more niche like a Bearded Dragon forum was always going to have a challenge, but there are still people who see how hideous Facebook is, how valuable a specific forum is (Likely your Beardy forum was, and I'm sad to hear what happened), and some will actively seek out and support forums which exist away from Facebook. I'm quite torn over this one, APS. On one hand I think it's very valuable to have a non Facebook, private Australian herp forum so I want to support it.
APS was the first reptile forum I found, even though it was mainly about pythons I was accepted and I was only a dragon lover, back then I only had central and pygmy beardies. My collection has grown considerably since then. I have been able to contribute and even asked my opinions, this is why I keep coming back here. I want to support this forum too

APS was the first reptile forum I found, even though it was mainly about pythons I was accepted and I was only a dragon lover, back then I only had central and pygmy beardies. My collection has grown considerably since then. I have been able to contribute and even asked my opinions, this is why I keep coming back here. I want to support this forum too
Facebook certainly has been killing off forums for about 10 years now, and something more niche like a Bearded Dragon forum was always going to have a challenge, but there are still people who see how hideous Facebook is, how valuable a specific forum is (Likely your Beardy forum was, and I'm sad to hear what happened), and some will actively seek out and support forums which exist away from Facebook. I'm quite torn over this one, APS. On one hand I think it's very valuable to have a non Facebook, private Australian herp forum so I want to support it. On the other hand, this one is run and moderated so poorly that I feel like I should avoid it. Most of my friends think I'm stupid for having anything to do with APS because of that. The moderators don't seem to either not be aware or how to properly run a forum or they aren't sufficiently able to put in the time. Given that their main efforts seem to be in attempting to resurrect dead threads and they completely ignore the problems they should be addressing (as opposed to even making an attempt to deal with them), it seems likely to be the former.
I've found it to be invaluable in my journey. Very thankful I found it.

I joined pretty early, 28th of June 2004. It wasn't the first online reptile group I'd found or even the first Australian one, but it had a nice community at the time. Wow, the best part of 20 years now... it has gone through a few iterations, some better than others. For a while it almost held a monopoly on the Australian online reptile discussion scene. It has changed hands and management styles... quite an adventure really. Funny that it when it was at its peak we all thought it was terrible, and it ended up being replaced by far far worse Facebook groups.

One mistake most of the forums have been making over the last 5-10 years is seeing that Facebook is more popular, so trying to copy Facebook and be more like it. You'll never beat Facebook at being like Facebook, and Facebook is garbage so you don't want to be like it anyway. Forums should try to be like brilliant forums so that people have a reason to come to them, rather than making them think 'this is like Facebook so I might as well just go to Facebook'.

Latest posts

Back