Sick beardie won't eat?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eastcoastmarsh

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I posted a different thread a few days ago about my beardie. After everything vet said it was a calcium deficiency, and not enough UV. Now that all the lighting is sorted and he has the right heat adjusted, as he is still sick, he won't eat. He won't even look at food. His eyes are still sunken. His beard and tail still pitch black. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get some food into his poor little belly? He needs the calcium dusted on some kind of food ASAP.

You could try some baby food (I used apple sauce) mix with calcium powder and syringe very small amounts into his mouth.

If you get some onto his tongue he should do the rest.

Just make sure it's pureed baby food, and the syringe (without the needle) you can grab from any chemist, I think I used a 2 ml or 5 ml.

sorry to hear that eastcoastmarsh, lost one myself about 6 weeks back with similar symptoms as yours, worked out later after talking to someone on here that mine could have been suffering from liver disease, hard to loose them

That does not sound good. Sorry to hear that.

For future reference... If it has not been eating for some time it has probably not been drinking and would be dehydrated. Mix 3 parts water with 1 part Staminade and give it 1 - 2 mL, depending on the size, three times a day for a couple of days. That will provide some calcium and other lost electrolytes, as well as some glucose for energy. If it improves, it will then have what is needed to digest its food and benefit from it, be it baby food or whatever.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back