sick snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahbell

Reaction score
my female coastal carpet is making funny noises when she breaths kind of like whistling and has a funny looking sore on her this appeared in a space of about 8hrs any ideas :cry:

:)

Is she otherwise normal? I had the same thing with my diamond, and I was quite worried about her.

Apparently, they quite often have a little bit of skin left in the nostrils after a shed, and this causes the whistling noise. The noise in my snake cleared up after her next shed.

However, IMHO, I'd still keep an eye on her and watch for any discharge, as it could be a bronchial thing. I was also advised to turn the heat up a bit, which I did, so I don't know whether it was the increased heat or the shedding ofher skin that fixed it, but whatever, it worked.

shes normal except for the funny sore on her belly it looks pussy and the scales are lifted all the vets around here dont know any thing about snakes but said they can order any products in i need

Sore?

Hmmm. you didn't mention the sore! If it was me, I'd contact your local herp society or the person who sold you the snake for a herp vet recommendation...

damn

Damn! Got me again. I really MUST wear my glasses when I'm reading these posts! :oops: Sorry! :oops:

found a vet 2hrs away ill go tommorow hopefully.

dont worry lutzd my husband is also poorly sighted so im used to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back