sick stimson

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cennedy

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 16 year old stimsons python who was showing signs of severe sickness however has recently shown a lot of healthy signs and seems to be nearly back to his full health. But some relevant back story, he stopped eating for many months but skin seemed healthy so didn't worry to much, but then he started not turning over his tail, lying there with the bottom 25% of his body belly up. I took him to the vet as I knew that is serious and there wanted to do blood tests but he was took weak to get blood. I think he was also constipated and when I put him in the bag to go to the vet he must of got a big fright and did a horrible green/brown diarrhea. They did x-rays that came back clear and he stayed in intensive care with the vet for a few days. He was sent home to me with a course of needles (painkiller and antibiotics) we are due to finish the needles on Saturday after a month of medicine. I am so pleased that he is doing much much better and is so much stronger and active, he even ate a pinkie mouse and I think he is keen for more. No poo/wee as of yet so I am holding off on offering him more food because I want to check with the vet about the constipation situation.

The most bizarre this though is that I swear I have seen something push from inside his belly. I saw it a few weeks ago (this was after the vet visit though so I didnt mention it to the vet). It was as if like how you see a babies food push out on a pregnant belly, like a really obvious thing pushing in the middle of the white section of his belly, so not a bone/muscle, but like where his organs are inside his belly. Since he is so much better after all the issues I thought it mightve been related to that, however I saw it again today, just as obvious. I am so freaked out by this! Does anyone know what this could possibly be?

We are going back to the vet on Saturday for a final check up and I will mention it, however it is so bizarre and weird I'm wondering if the vet will look at me like I'm crazy?

i'm gonna say something thats probably stupid: are you sure its a male? you seem to know your stuff pretty well but just curious since its laying on its back, which pregnant snakes do, and what you saw could have possibly been an egg? virgin births are a thing with reptiles i believe as well. not a clue to be honest. good luck with your little guy hope he feels better soon.

Latest posts

Back