Small Eyed snake???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed her back where i found her, inside a large flat pack piece of cardboard, under the house where the winter sun was hitting it. Checked on her a few times then when spring arrived she moved on.
I thought it was a Redbellied at first glance.

possibly the 2nd most dissapointing snake to find, runner up to the un disputed champ, blind snakes.

LOL

Each to their own Rob,
Personally i think they are awesome, but we dont see them as often as you probably do.
Also i might be a bit bias because they were the first snake that I bred in the backyard of my parents house.
(circa 1979)
i still think they are stunning little critters.

I know what you mean Rob, turn over that sheet of iron, couple of Lymnodynastes peronii and a Cryptophis nigrescens again, sigh.

Though I did pick up a nice one about 700mm a few years back. Big for Sydney.

I have found both before in padocks around here when i was a kid

possibly the 2nd most dissapointing snake to find, runner up to the un disputed champ, blind snakes.

LOL

I have found both before in padocks around here when i was a kid

i just dream of happening upon coastal Tais and top end kingys too much in my fantasies

ok im still learning to tell the difference btw some snakes so please be nice when i ask this but how do you tell the difference btw a red belly and a small eyed other than the belly if you cant see that please?!?

Small eyes have black eyes, red bellies have a black pupil and a coloured iris.

Ok thanks for that! mind you i dnt think id want to get that close to check it out! leave that 2 ppl who know what they are doing i think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back