Smooth knobtail not using cool side

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D0bber

Reaction score
So I have a baby male levis levis. He was a very slow eater to start but now he eats 1-2 medium crickets daily. Usually he eats everyday but sometimes he will miss a day. Poops regularly and has shed since I got him. He was late born captive bred on 2020. So he's about 4 to 5months. He always is on the hot side in his hide during the day. He has never tunneled in the cool side since I moved him to his permanent home about 2 weeks ago. Even in his quarantine tub he didn't use the cool side much. Temps are about 90/92 on hot side and 75ish on cool side. Have about 1-2 inch of sand and spray him and the cool side to keep the sand moist and him hydrated. I do dust his crickets in a mix of calcium and d3. Usually every 2nd feed. He hasn't appeared to be losing weight and is very active at night. He tends to look out the sides of the tub alot with his nose pressed up against it. Any advice would be great. His tub is 600X400mm with a heat mat underneath. I have 20 airholes on the top right side of the tub and another 20 or 30 on the bottom left of the enclosure for airflow.

Latest posts

Back