Snake amputation sydney

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alifleming

Reaction score
hi there

I got my first hatchling in August and the poor little noodle has caused me nothing but grief. No eating or ****ting (he had no trouble for 7 months untill he was flown from qld to Syd)
somehow he has hurt the end of his tail. It has begun to die and is now spreading up up tail in a blistering nature.
To add to the mix the poor noodle tried to defecate and took his genitles with him
I took him to the vet dr Vella from north shore vets and is now on a shot of 0.01ml ceftazidime once every three days. (Doesn't appear to be working)
My breeder has recommended a sugar paste which in two days managed to deflate his gentile area and it appears his genitles have gone back in.

I would have love to breed this baby down the line, it's not the end of the world if that isn't possible in the future

I suppose I just wanted to know if anyone has any advice on something like this.
I have a follow up appointment in 2 days and I'm sure dr Vella will recommend an amputation. Considering how much I paid for him I will be happy to pay for whatever he needs but just looking to see if anyone can give me a heads up of what to expect in general and price

Thanks in advance

Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back