snake and other pets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow_Wolf_Black

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am interested to know what level of interaction your snakes and other pets have. My cat stays well away from the snakes. My dog does not seem as intelligent and tries to lick them. Usually I am standing with my snakes, so this isn't so much an issue, unless one of them decides to duck their head down to see what the brown furry thing is. What experiences have you guys had?

They should have no interaction at all. Respond in the contrary and I'll call you names.

My birds and snake only interact through the glass just staring at each other though my Quaker seems to quite like her. But I would never let them or any of my other pets interact without a barrier between them so they can't get to each other.

Why? Snakes like parrots. Larger pythons also enjoy spending time with cats.

haha, well often enough I put my dog outside before I get the snakes out now. But I like your answers

my dog back at mums doesnt care, she comes over and has a sniff and thats about it.

Always sniffs the back end though.

I am interested to know what level of interaction your snakes and other pets have. My cat stays well away from the snakes. My dog does not seem as intelligent and tries to lick them. Usually I am standing with my snakes, so this isn't so much an issue, unless one of them decides to duck their head down to see what the brown furry thing is. What experiences have you guys had?

Youre lucky that your cats stay away! One of my cats growls at my snakes through the enclosure door, and the other cat OPENS the doors! She cant anymore however because i have a lock now, but she opened it once not knowing that my 7 foot darwin could probably eat her (shes little) and he roamed free in my room for an hour or so before i found him. luckily kitty stayed away watching from a distance! She tips her head right upside down watching them climb, shes funny

My dogs get locked away when we get the snakes out, they're rather skilled at killing snakes and I don't want that to happen. And my snakes seem rather interested by my fish but they won't get any closer then through the glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know why I'm asking but if my woma was to escape(again) which of my pets would she be most likely to go for if they were all out for some reason:my shinglebacks, my blue tongue, my cockatiels, my princess parrots, my fish, my perons tree frog, my Quaker, my kakariki or my guinea pig?
i know that when she did escape first thing I did was lock up all my other pets

my snakes have no interaction at all with my dogs, cats, rabbits and guinea pigs. why because the risk of them being bitten or killed is way to high.

attachment.php

love the Liz staring down the camera. How friendly are the other reptile species? I have never owned anything but snakes when it comes to reptiles.

My dogs dont even seem to see them. Like they aren't even there. They have zero natural instinct with snakes. To the point that I worry what would happen if they came across a tiger or a copperhead in the back yard.
My cat just ignores them for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back