Snake Found After 10 Months (Long Story)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone loves a happy ending.
I had to do a Wetland Ecology exam last friday with a bite mark from an hour beforehand from my adult spotted. I had him out on my desk while I was grabbing a few pens and I dropped one near his tail and he swung around and nailed the side of my hand. It was an amusing story to tell my lecturer after the exam.

'So how'd you go?'
'Oh, you know, not bad considering I got bitten by a snake this morning'

You can just imagine her face!

go and buy a lotto ticket, then when u win send me half cos it was my idea!

sounds like ur lucky as! :)

Hahahah!

I reckon I've used up all my luck. Although I won't complain if the ticket turns out to be a winner! =P

Everyone who knows me will tell you I never get excited.... but boy, oh boy I was overloaded with excitement that night. Lol.

Everyone loves a happy ending.
I had to do a Wetland Ecology exam last friday with a bite mark from an hour beforehand from my adult spotted. I had him out on my desk while I was grabbing a few pens and I dropped one near his tail and he swung around and nailed the side of my hand. It was an amusing story to tell my lecturer after the exam.

'So how'd you go?'
'Oh, you know, not bad considering I got bitten by a snake this morning'

You can just imagine her face!

Hahaha! Oh gosh. I can just picture it now!

Thanks for the confidence boost, I may just see how he goes with a bit of handling. =]

This is it. Other than the initial shock as it hits there's nothing to worry about it. Just a bit of a tingly pain. My bigger carpets are very similar to getting light shading during a tattoo but an adult spotted doesn't hurt nearly as bad.

Attachments

• Photo 118.jpg
    Photo 118.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 72
This is it. Other than the initial shock as it hits there's nothing to worry about it. Just a bit of a tingly pain. My bigger carpets are very similar to getting light shading during a tattoo but an adult spotted doesn't hurt nearly as bad.

Oo. Right on the joint.

Is that before or after the wound was cleaned up?

Haha. What a lovely bite... guess you won't be giving him a fright again, hey.

That was about 5 minutes after. blood and stuff was just drying.
I still love the sucker to death. Even though I'm more interested in the larger carpets he was my first snake and will always get top priority, first to be fed, first to be checked on in the morning, first to be taken out if I've got friends who are less than comfortable with snakes. He's a placid sucker who just enjoys wrapping around an arm and sitting there.

I still love the sucker to death. Even though I'm more interested in the larger carpets he was my first snake and will always get top priority, first to be fed, first to be checked on in the morning, first to be taken out if I've got friends who are less than comfortable with snakes. He's a placid sucker who just enjoys wrapping around an arm and sitting there.

Meet Phoenix.

Attachments

• Photo 350.jpg
    Photo 350.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 72

Haha, how sweet. =]

It's great to introduce people to reptiles when they're not too fond of them...
Some people get surprised by how awesome they really are.

Meet Phoenix.

What a cute snake. A lot larger than mine.
Hello Phoenix! Haha. =P

This is Abyssi a week before he escaped.
He's about an extra 40cms longer, and about double his girth now though.

Attachments

• 000_0064.JPG
    000_0064.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 74
He's a gorgeous looking little snake. Do you have a recent pic? I'd love to see just how well he adapted to hunting around your house instead of hunting rats out of your hands.
Very glad to hear he's back.

He's a gorgeous looking little snake. Do you have a recent pic? I'd love to see just how well he adapted to hunting around your house instead of hunting rats out of your hands.
Very glad to hear he's back.

He's spending most of his time in his hiding box. So I haven't managed any good pics of his markings yet. When he emerges next I'll snap one. =]

Here he is in the box, which my boyfriend and I find it hard to believe he completely fits in, lol.
It's not a good pic because obviously the box creates a shadow and makes him hard to see, but he is peering out of the entrance.

Attachments

• P6010002.jpg
    P6010002.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 66
far out! thats amazing! I lost my olive python a year ago.. never found her! I hope she comes back lol!

far out! thats amazing! I lost my olive python a year ago.. never found her! I hope she comes back lol!

Oh no! That's a long time. =[
I hope she shows up!
Be prepared for nerve-wrecking excitement if she does, lol.
Just always keep an eye out!

What a great story! I'm so glad that it had a happy ending. I think your story is a real encouragement to those who have lost their beloved python, I agree, it should be published with pics!

Please post before and after pics once he decides to come out of his hide.

Thanks for sharing!

I hope it never happens to me..OMG! I so wouldn't cope with it as Snakey means everything to me!!

I'm glad you can relax again, but I bet you're double checking and tripple checking that he's secure in his cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back