Snake Found After 10 Months (Long Story)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great story,reminds me of our old Fred that followed neighbours kids to the train station and got on the train with them.They were going to school so pushed him off the train at the next station 5 miles away.We lost him for 18 monthes.When riding to school in the same suburb Fred was pushed off the train ,Fred came bounding up and near knocked my brother off his bike.Local kids said "Thats Saras dog" My brother said "Pigs **** its ours!"and we rode our bikes home triumphantly with our long lost dog.Dad gave us a day off school for a reward.Never give them up as lost funny things can happen.

What a great story! I'm so glad that it had a happy ending. I think your story is a real encouragement to those who have lost their beloved python, I agree, it should be published with pics!

Please post before and after pics once he decides to come out of his hide.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading!

I am thrilled it was a happy ending, and not a bleak one. =]
I do wish that the story puts a little hope in those who have lost their snakes.

I will certainly post some before and afters. I presume he leaves his hide, but I have yet to catch him out, lol! At least he peeked his head out of the box for me today. =]

Great story,reminds me of our old Fred that followed neighbours kids to the train station and got on the train with them.They were going to school so pushed him off the train at the next station 5 miles away.We lost him for 18 monthes.When riding to school in the same suburb Fred was pushed off the train ,Fred came bounding up and near knocked my brother off his bike.Local kids said "Thats Saras dog" My brother said "Pigs **** its ours!"and we rode our bikes home triumphantly with our long lost dog.Dad gave us a day off school for a reward.Never give them up as lost funny things can happen.

Lol, well dogs can be really loyal like that.
My old cat used to follow my mum to the corner store and back.
He also used to follow me to school, lol.
But yes, I have heard a story of a small dog crossing states to find their owners.
The dog arrived to it's owners with torn and bloody feet a few months after it went missing from the carer.
(Not sure on the credibility of the story and can not give a reference, but I read it in a published book some time ago).

i have 2 small spotteds, i think if they ecscaped i would never feel completly happy again if they ecscaped

That's like a rooster we've got. He used to follow me up to the bus stop when I was in school. That's a good 500m every morning. I think the old sucker has dementia now because he doesn't know which way he's going or what to do with himself.

i have 2 small spotteds, i think if they ecscaped i would never feel completly happy again if they ecscaped

It certainly does hurt your feelings, lol.

I was so upset, and kept thinking that maybe I could have made him happier but I couldn't think of anything that hadn't done already. I spoiled him as best I could!

So if your spotteds do escape, don't take it personally and don't stop looking! =]

That's like a rooster we've got. He used to follow me up to the bus stop when I was in school. That's a good 500m every morning. I think the old sucker has dementia now because he doesn't know which way he's going or what to do with himself.

Aww.

My cat used to follow me the 2km walk to school and the 4 km walk to the closest corner store, lol.
After he kept following us we just decided to put him on a leash and take him places. He even went to the beach! =]

Ok guys, I caught him out taking a drink and a bit of an exploration.
The pics didn't turn out well because my camera wouldn't focus, and the flash kept reflecting on the tank.

Anyway.

First pic, before he escaped, left profile.
Second pic. after he came back, left profile.

Third pic, before he escaped, right profile.
Fourth pic, after he came back, right profile.

*** Please note that the angles differ, so the markings align slightly differently, but if you put each picture side by side and look at each marking one by one, they all match up. =]

Again, sorry about the quality - it's night time. =]

Attachments

• 000_0063.JPG
    000_0063.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 85
  • P6010014.JPG
    P6010014.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Abyssi 8.JPG
    Abyssi 8.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 77
  • P6010009.JPG
    P6010009.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 80
It's so great to hear about a happy ending like that.

The spots match up perfectly as far as I can see, welcome back!

Aww.

My cat used to follow me the 2km walk to school and the 4 km walk to the closest corner store, lol.
After he kept following us we just decided to put him on a leash and take him places. He even went to the beach! =]

Well thats certainly different :shock:

It's so great to hear about a happy ending like that.

The spots match up perfectly as far as I can see, welcome back!

Thanks for reading! :D

Yes, I was in disbelief when I first saw that they matched up!
Thanks for checking them out... it's a bit like a game of spot the difference, lol. The only difference is that he's about 40cms longer and at least double his girth. :D

Hey guys, caught him out, curled up beside the box at 5am this morning.

p6020001.jpg

My brother has a little carpet. He got her last February..a few months after he got her, she got out. She was gone for about 3 days, and he had given up all hope. One night, he went out to back to see what our german sheperd was barking at. What do you know?! IT was his snake, Saphira! He was thrilled. Put her back in the tank and handled and fed her correctly. A few months passed without event. Then...believe it or not. He came home from school to an empty tank. Second escape. Gee, this snake was on a mission! He wasn't as downhearted as the first time, thinking there might still be a chance of finding her. 3 days...4 days...5..days...a week....two weeks...nearly 3 weeks passed, and, yet again, he had lost all hope. Heres were i come in. I was sitting on my computer, browsing YOutube...when i accidentally yanked my headphones a little too hard, and they unplugged down under my desk, at my computer. I rolled out, and lent down. HOLY CRAP! There was a SNAKE starring out of the open side of my computer. I fair near had a heart attack! I called for Nate (brother) and he was absolutely estatic. He couldn't stop thanking me, even though i hadn't done a thing. I told him to give me a minute, to restart my heart. :p

My brother has a little carpet. He got her last February..a few months after he got her, she got out. She was gone for about 3 days, and he had given up all hope. One night, he went out to back to see what our german sheperd was barking at. What do you know?! IT was his snake, Saphira! He was thrilled. Put her back in the tank and handled and fed her correctly. A few months passed without event. Then...believe it or not. He came home from school to an empty tank. Second escape. Gee, this snake was on a mission! He wasn't as downhearted as the first time, thinking there might still be a chance of finding her. 3 days...4 days...5..days...a week....two weeks...nearly 3 weeks passed, and, yet again, he had lost all hope. Heres were i come in. I was sitting on my computer, browsing YOutube...when i accidentally yanked my headphones a little too hard, and they unplugged down under my desk, at my computer. I rolled out, and lent down. HOLY CRAP! There was a SNAKE starring out of the open side of my computer. I fair near had a heart attack! I called for Nate (brother) and he was absolutely estatic. He couldn't stop thanking me, even though i hadn't done a thing. I told him to give me a minute, to restart my heart. :p

Awesome. =]

At least he didn't have to wait 10months to see her again! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back