Snake found - nsw

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellawonga

Reaction score
Hi all, I have joined so I can put up this post. I have a rescued pet (quite sure of this) snake, which was found in the Southern Highlands area, NSW. Can't give out more details. If you lost one please contact me with details identifying where lost, species, size etc...

Thanks
Carla

Could you tell us what you think it is? So others can advise you of weather they are from your area.

Hi all, I have joined so I can put up this post. I have a rescued pet (quite sure of this) snake, which was found in the Southern Highlands area, NSW. Can't give out more details. If you lost one please contact me with details identifying where lost, species, size etc...

Thanks
Carla

Quite sure? Meaning its a species found in the area naturally? People often confuse placid wild pythons for pets when they have minimal experience with wild individuals.

So you have had it for 9 days already then?

A quick google search will fix the possibility of whether it's native to NSW or not. Rather than sharing to all of the web and receiving another thread of, yeah give it to me to look after, or 'it's mine'.

Just saying. ;)

Echiopsis raises a very valid point, that most who are inexperienced do not even consider. Some wild sourced reptiles are remarkably calm and capable of being handled without drama. While this is not the norm, it does happen with given individuals and can lead to the wrong conclusions being drawn. This possibility should definitely be taken into account in assessing the probable origins of any given individual animal.

Blue

I am familiar with this species and have a fair amount of experience rescuing and caring for reptiles in general including snakes. I am just trying to help someone who may have lost this animal. I picked it up today and it appears to be in good body condition. Please pass this info on to others you know who may have lost a snake.

OP stated they joined the site to put up this post. Join date Feb 13. Has the OP had the snake since then? Changes the time line for snake being lost.

Sorry but I don't think I got the timeline correct it seems? I joined today the 22nd and the snake was found today.

Darlyn the 13 refers to the year joined, not the day.

Darlyn the 13 refers to the year joined, not the day.

My bad, apologies all round.
Just got home from work, I be tired and dumb.
Thought it would make a difference to when people may have lost a snake.

i have picked up several snakes that are escaped pets but have had no luck in reuniting with the owners

i have picked up several snakes that are escaped pets but have had no luck in reuniting with the owners

Assuming the owner simply didn't see your ad, one possibility is that some escaped snakes have actually been dumped. :(

What do u do with captive snakes when u don't find the owner?
I found a diamond which I was certain was a pet that I released!

What do u do with captive snakes when u don't find the owner?
I found a diamond which I was certain was a pet that I released!

I highly doubt it was a pet, there are wild diamonds which are extremely placid and manage to remain injury free around northern beaches way.

take it to parks and wildlife or at the very least go on what they say as opposed to random people on a forum.....they can advise you as to best course of action and it will be legal. The recent Perentie bull hit was a classic case of take to parks and let them deal with it......after all it is their job.
BTW most, not all, wildlife carers know sweet FA about reptiles even though many think they do. The demeanour of wild herps varies as much as the diversity of skinks in WA, that will not tell you whether its wild or not.

a random forum Person,
Scott Eipper

We rescue lots of reptiles each year in WIRES and usually don't find the owners. This snake will eventually end up with someone from a Herp Society who has their name down on the Wish List.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back