Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shano92

Reaction score
hey i was wondering if anybody could help me figure out wat sort of snake this is, bit hard to tell from the photo. i spotted it on Moreton island, and it was about 30cm long.

Cheers Shane

Attachments

• 13012010075.jpg
    13012010075.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 13012010076.jpg
    13012010076.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 148
eastern small eyed snake, (cryptophis nigrescens)

edit, looks like tim beat me to it.

Last edited:
It looks like it could be a smalleyed snake to me but I dont really know the area and its hard to say from those pics! look up Rhinoplocephalus nigrescens and see if they look like that one did

yes it is hard, but couldnt see any head markings which really cuts the options down. its now cryptophis, dont know why they keep changing name I cant keep up half the time lol.

would you be able to give a bit of description to it to help us back up or change our ID's?

yes it is hard, but couldnt see any head markings which really cuts the options down. its now cryptophis, dont know why they keep changing name I cant keep up half the time lol.

would you be able to give a bit of description to it to help us back up or change our ID's?

Yeah and im a bit old school too! is moreton island just off brissy?? at first glance the glossy black says smalleyed to me but it is hard to say without a close up

yea moreton is off redcliff. ummm no paterns at all, the stomach had a bit of a redy tinge to it but not enough to say it had a red belly or anythin. but i think yous are right with the smalleye snake, i couldnt think of anything it could be as i am a bit rusty on identications. i need some inspiration to get back into it

Cheers Shane

yea, i mean if anyone else has a different opinion on it feel free to say so but i do agree that it possibly was a smalleye snake wen i heard it.

nocturnal,Glossy black with pink ventral scales is more than likley a smalleyed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back