Snake Identification

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What sort of snake is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paliadon

Banned
Reaction score
Can anybody help me. I believe this snake (python) is an Amethystine Python ([SIZE=-1]Morelia amethystina)[/SIZE]. Any further bids on that.

Cheers

Kris

Attachments

• Herp Site 1.jpg
    Herp Site 1.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Herp Site 2.jpg
    Herp Site 2.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 150
Whoa, thanks wrinkley snake. That would have to be the worlds quickest reply to a post. Phew, my heads still spinning.

Cheers

Kris

100% Scrubby - where did you find it? and how many times did it nail you while you grabbed it? ;)

We recently moved to Deeral (just south of Cairns) and this was found on our first night. We get maybe two a day wander through the property and as such I just relocate them back over the fence into the jungle to live another day.

One day I might stop and purchase one (legally) to own as a pet from a small hatchling. We'll just have to see.

100% Scrubby - where did you find it? and how many times did it nail you while you grabbed it? ;)

This python was in a quite placid mood when I gently removed it from under the stairs (hence the grass on my hands). He/she just used me as a climbing pole after that. Fascinating creature. Mind you, I got busted by the wife sitting on the verandah letting it climb all over my arms and legs. (Apparently I should have told her there was a snake on the verandah... ha ha).

Looks like whoever is holding it in the first pic has a fair old hold on the poor thing. Maybe next time a little looser.....

Unfortunately during the photographing, the little bugger started to skirm around a bit and wouldn't allow me to get a nice picture. Suffice to say after I let his next go he continued to explore me quite happily.

You're lucky Paliadon - I haven't heard of many captive scrubbies that placid let alone a wild one...

Unfortunately during the photographing, the little bugger started to skirm around a bit and wouldn't allow me to get a nice picture. Suffice to say after I let his next go he continued to explore me quite happily.

I do; however, I am only in a pair of boxers so for the sake of public morality I have had to forgo those pics.

:lol:

no doubt about it! and a nice looking specimen at that! your so lucky to have these things in your back yard!!! :)

Too right. I get them everyday (without fail) and have no need to get a cage and put one in. I would like to mark one in particular because he/she is a regular. Does anyone know either a) the legalities on marking and 2) how to do it safely.

Paliadon,

It wouldnt be a good idea to "mark" any native animal in Queensland (or in other states i would think) with out permission from EPA, which i doubt you would get.

The best and safest way to "Mark" a animal would be to take a photo, perhaps of a unusual section of pattern, something that sets the animal apart from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back