Snake lover in Tassie..help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoGoddess

Reaction score
I have been wanting a snake for years. Been binge watching breeders etc on YouTube . Are there any Australian snake YouTubers ???
I'm also in Tassie, how hard is a white lipped for a first snake ????

K brothers is a good aussie youtube channel, but they haven't put any new videos up for a while, Crittacam with Peter Birch is great for antaresia. I have some videos on youtube as well, but mine suck.

K brothers is a good aussie youtube channel, but they haven't put any new videos up for a while, Crittacam with Peter Birch is great for antaresia. I have some videos on youtube as well, but mine suck.
Unfortunately i dont think they will be uploading anymore either, due to health issues :(

Same with morelia magic :( they had some great vids

Quite difficult as they're lizard feeders...
Meaning that they only eat lizards ???
Whats the venom like in terms of symptoms?
[doublepost=1571665079,1571664961][/doublepost]Is there anyone on North West Coast of Tassie who has collections I could go and visit/ talk to about reptile keeping here. ?
[doublepost=1571665128][/doublepost]
Whats your channel???

Yes, they predominantly eat lizards (and sometimes frogs). They're fairly sensitive little snakes which can quickly succumb to high temperatures (a brief hot spell just once can kill them, and it doesn't take much to heat stress them) and they can dessicate to death fairly quickly too. They're fabulous little snakes but I don't know if anyone has ever had long term success with them. I'm not even sure if anyone has ever completed two full life cycles in captivity, despite a few people trying.

The bite is very mild, but anaphylaxis is always a risk. Anaphylaxis can kill you within a few minutes. If you're willing to put the time into being careful they're quite easy to work with without being bitten.

Yes, they predominantly eat lizards (and sometimes frogs). They're fairly sensitive little snakes which can quickly succumb to high temperatures (a brief hot spell just once can kill them, and it doesn't take much to heat stress them) and they can dessicate to death fairly quickly too. They're fabulous little snakes but I don't know if anyone has ever had long term success with them. I'm not even sure if anyone has ever completed two full life cycles in captivity, despite a few people trying.

The bite is very mild, but anaphylaxis is always a risk. Anaphylaxis can kill you within a few minutes. If you're willing to put the time into being careful they're quite easy to work with without being bitten.
Hmmm. I wonder if anyone is breeding them in Tassie ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back