Snake striked at me for the first time in 5 years

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orca_ink

Reaction score
So my ‘lovely girl’ nearly 5 years old, striked at me for the first time ever!

I know I know… for most of you this is old new hahaha and harden the f up!!!!

but put my mind at ease!
She’s been in relax mode because she wasn’t eating and then she was full of eggs for the first time, vet told me to stop handling her and she was not active at all either… I try to handle her depending on the activity level. She finally because active again so I’ve started feeding her to fatten her up again, but she’s actually still been hiding a lot.
Soooo could it just be because I’ve handled her less then often? And I just need to handle her again so she calms down again?

Hey! If she's been hiding alot it's probably just because she's thermo regulating, I doubt she would be hiding because you've been handling less, if you feel she's becoming less handleable but you don't want to get bit, I'd recommend using a hook to get her out and see if that helps. Snakes go through stages like this all the time so don't be worried :)

Ohhhhh thanks so much for repainting so quickly. I’ll haven’t even got a hook cos I’ve never needed one 🤣
Yeah we are in a particularity longer winter and going into a very wet spring… could that also be making her grumpier?

Yeah, the temperatures and weather could possibly be messing with her hormones and making her grumpy, but again don't be worried, snakes go through these stages all the time, she will calm down eventually :)

Latest posts

Back