Snakes And Overheating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrenzMan

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I live in geelong near melbourne and its meant to reach around 42 to 45 degrees today and i am wondering if i should bring my snake inside under the air conditioner cos the room its in doesnt have air conditioning.

Its barely reached 30 yet but its only 10am so wondering if the best move would be to shift it in.

Anybody got any comments on this?

I would say yes. Bring em in. In the wild, on hot day, they would find cool place hang out. Since they only have few options in a cage, best not to cook them.

It depends what snakes you have and how long they are exposed. But 42 is to much nearly for any snake.

thanks
its a stimsons python

me and my mate will be moving it inside with its enclosure very shortly cos the temperatures around 33 or 35 now i think and rising.

I think, as stimsons are a desert species they can tolerate high temperatures, but it is better to be safe than sorry!!

well me and my mate shifted it inside with his enclosure and stuff and he seems happier inside but mum isn't :lol:

its bloody boilin outside and still very hot inside with new air con on so i am sure its better for him inside

thanx 4 ya opinions

Hi Frenz, I am in Newport and it has just hit 46 degrees in the shade out in my backyard!! You should see my house at the moment....Dining room has a big reptarium in it with 6 guinea pigs, a small cage with a male rabbit. Kitchen has been barricaded and contains female rabbit & 4 babies born yesterday. oops forgot the 2 goldfish in a tub in the dining room as well. The study has a snake in enclosure. the spare bedroom/fishroom has 2 more gp's in a 4' snake enclosure along with the usual 8 or so fishtanks and my two other snake enclosures. Last but not least the loungeroom has 6 rats in it and another 5 rats with 3 litters in the fishroom as well. Think I'll start charging admission once the black eye my missus gave me goes away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back