Snakes taken Interstate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue1

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm wanting to get a hatchling Diamond Python in Victoria. I'm expecting that will be around the Jan - March time frame when they become available. I maybe working interstate until May. As it can't be left for a few months I will need to take it interstate with me for a couple of months. Does that mean I will need 2 wildlife permits, one for each state or like with a drivers licence providing it's for a short time frame as long as you have a licence it's OK? Can a non resident get a permit?

I would want to fly it up there.
Due to pressure changes, does it need to be in a sealed glass container (for 2.5 hours). I know it can't be taken on as hand or checked in luggage.

Thanks

You will need a licence for each state plus obtain import/export permits (Movement Advice if Qld) to move the snake each way.
No problems transporting by air as pet freight with Qantas but you can't send an animal as general freight in an un-pressurised cargo area like on Jetstar aircraft.

Back