Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

contos

Reaction score
i keep seeing people posting photos of their new beardie or water dragon but does anyone keep any "unusual" captives like chameleon dragons or ornate dragons?
pics would be mad :)

no one will post pics cause its illegal... so your not meant to keep exotics which is what your referring to, but people still do but wont publicly display it

no one will post pics cause its illegal... so your not meant to keep exotics which is what your referring to, but people still do but wont publicly display it

ornate dragons and chameleon geckos are native mate ;)..... iv caught heaps of ornates always wanted chameleon gex but iv never even seen them for sale

never mind james...I think you got a little confused when you read the word 'chameleon' :)

yeh both native mate
id love to keep an ornate dragon
best looking things ive seen in australia

iv kept and bred tata dragons in the past think theyre latin name off the top of my head is longirostris lophognathas could be slightly wrong, these guys were fantastic little dragons i will look at getting more when i start getting back into lizards

also had ring tailed gecko's, scrub pythons a small eyed snake and goulds hooded snake, varanus tristis, varanus scalaris hrmmm also kept afew different birds of prey when i worked for a raptor rehabilitation place oh and a wife........

tata dragons? i shall look into those
oh and bicycle lizards i think their called
anything from that genus are pretty darn awesome

chameleon dragons are quite awesome I would love to keep some , but apparently they are not on the books to buy and sell :(

Crested Dragons and Peninsular Dragons are my favorites. I've seen photos of Rick Walker's ones, they're gorgeous. Haven't heard of anyone else with them though.

Allegedly chameleon geckoes will be flooded into the market soon.

those tata dragons are awesome when they run in the wild waving goodbye with there little feet

we have chameleon geckos as well?
question, why arent painted dragons or ring tailed dragons reguarly for sale? are they hard to keep in captivity or am i just not looking hard enough?

we have chameleon geckos as well?
question, why arent painted dragons or ring tailed dragons reguarly for sale? are they hard to keep in captivity or am i just not looking hard enough?

You will find that those species and a number of other small dragons are very short lived species meaning that if a breeder misses a breeding season their breeding stocks may will be wiped out. There is only a very small number of breeders breeding ring tails so more than likely these breeders are keeping their young to replace aged specimens and build a more stable colony. In Painted dragons there are more breeders but still have to keep some young back because of the above reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back