Spider identification:

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg i was thinking it is a tube trap-door,(Misgolas pulchellus).
Whats do you think with this pic ?
You got me Brett
Looking at it this morning I agree with you I think I had a dose of computer screen eyes last night :shock:

Thats looks like a Female False Funnel Web (no common name for it)

Where abouts did you find it? as in what area?

looks like some kind of trapdoor, there are so many species but i'm trying to start getting more familiar with the various family and the more prominent genera so i will be able to ID them in the field

spot on te Spots on the back of the abdomen give it away

Hey All,
Definate Female Trapdoor. Notice the markings as a few said on the abdomen. Also the pedipapls are a little longer than those of the Funnel Web. It's no mouse spider, if you notice the size of the mouse spiders chelicerae {Fang area} it's huge compared to the Trapdoors. Also most Funnel Webs have a shiny black coloured Cephalothorax. Trapdoors are also pretty reluctant to stand their own ground away from burrow. Where as the funnel web will stike anyone anywhere. Here's my pet Female Funnel Web
PICT0075.jpg

PICT0783-1.jpg

Judging by the patterns on it bottom, I would like to choose Trapdoor as my guess for this animal.

Nice looker tho,

Paladian :: that main picture of a funnel web, is it covered in mites, looks like it is.

Thats looks like a Female False Funnel Web (no common name for it)

Where abouts did you find it? as in what area?

I wonder if this is an option given that the spider seems to have different leg end colors, ie the false funnel web has black feet and redish (amber) legs.

Im not 100% convinced it isnt a false Funnel web though although the marks on the bum are making me still vote trappy..

Well i am more confused as to what it is after 28 posts than i was at the start!!! LOL :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back