Spiny tail gecko incubation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planky

Reaction score
So last night my female was acting weird so I created a burrow at the bottem of her branch and this Morning there was an egg. So the question is what incubation temps do I need, the incubators on 27-29 at the moment due to Beardie eggs is this temp suitable ?

Many thanks

Those temps are fine, I have incubated Spinys as well as a number of other gecko eggs without an incubator, I just sat them on my shelf.
Lizard eggs are very easy, the main thing you need to worry about is getting the humidity right.

Excuse my ignorance but how does a gecko or any other lizards incubate their eggs in the wild or do they just lay the eggs in a place that has suitable temps n leave them? I just thought she would of layed the eggs in a good spot so if you kept the temps the same they would be fine. Anyway I hope you work it out and end up with a little baby gecko :)

Excuse my ignorance but how does a gecko or any other lizards incubate their eggs in the wild or do they just lay the eggs in a place that has suitable temps n leave them? I just thought she would of layed the eggs in a good spot so if you kept the temps the same they would be fine. Anyway I hope you work it out and end up with a little baby gecko :)

In the wild they find a spot that has the correct temperature and humidity, this is usually done by burying them. In an enclosure its very unlikely for such a spot to exist so that is why breeders tend to provide moist lay tubs and keep the rest of the enclosure dry so they can easily remove the eggs and incubate them in an controlled environment.

Ok thanks for that, geckojosh do you know the rough incubation time till hatching? Also should I expect more eggs from the female ? The Geckos arnt my strong point as there more of the misses pet

Ok thanks for that, geckojosh do you know the rough incubation time till hatching? Also should I expect more eggs from the female ? The Geckos arnt my strong point as there more of the misses pet

In peak season they will lay 2 eggs every 3-4 weeks, with mine they can have anything from 1-8 clutches (usually 5-6).
The incubation period can be anything from 50-80 days but will most likely be around the 60-70 mark, I always start checking them daily after 50 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back