Spotted python poop

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the best starter snake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan1025

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a new spotted python he is 8 months old, ive had him 3 days and he was feed 3 days ago. However im yet to see any poop in the tank.

Should i be worried or is it normal? Also can snakes be overfed?

Many factors can influence when snakes relive themselves. It can take anywhere up to a week for them to pass a meal. Don't be worried, it will happen when the meal is digested.

Yes they can be overfed but not when they are as young as yours. Just stick to a weekly feeding routine and all will be good.

Many factors can influence when snakes relive themselves. It can take anywhere up to a week for them to pass a meal. Don't be worried, it will happen when the meal is digested.

Yes they can be overfed but not when they are as young as yours. Just stick to a weekly feeding routine and all will be good.
Just gonna ask here, maybe the answer could also help op,

But is it safe to feed a snake another meal before they "relieve" themselves from the last meal?

Thanks heaps, i actually just had another look and found a white lump could that be poop?
This is indeed poop aswell as urine, same as birds, they release both at once (unless there's something wrong) but you should see some brown with the white

Sometimes they will pass uric acid (the white stuff) in different places, or it can break up once dried and be shifted around the enclosure by the snake's body. A baby snake's poop is very small and can be easily missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back