Spotted Python puzzle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustproof

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

This is a "Have you ever seen this" question. I am looking after a couple of Snakes for a friend, one of them is a Spotted Python about 8yo. She has lumps down her side, I was worried so I took her to the vet. Looking at the lumps and feeling them, we discounted Puss, using a Needle we drew fluid from the lumps. The fluid has no smell, no colour and is just like water.

A description of the Snake is that she is a bit fat, I am putting her on a diet to try and slim her down. She had previously had a burn from a heat mat which has healed up OK. She eats and poo's as normal but isn't very active, I have only had her for a month so I am not sure if this is the norm for her not to be so active. Maybe as the weather gets warmer this might change but this is how she is now.

I have 7 Pythons for 8 or 9 years so I am not a newby but I haven't seen this before, we sent the fluids off to Pathology and I should find out the results tomorrow. Has anyone come across this before, my vet is puzzled too but I guess we will get to the bottom of it.

Thanks
Noel
[automerge]1608443900[/automerge]
Update:
Pathology came back A-Celular meaning there are no cells in the liquid. I got onto a Vet I trust that has left the Country, he advised that when Snakes that are a bit fat curl up, the folds that they have fill with fluid, so when the snake unfurls lumps appear. I have had her on a smaller food diet and the lumps have gone..... It was as simple as that but nobody knew what it was including the Path Lab, so this is one for the knowledge bank.

Last edited:
Hi Guy's,

This is a "Have you ever seen this" question. I am looking after a couple of Snakes for a friend, one of them is a Spotted Python about 8yo. She has lumps down her side, I was worried so I took her to the vet. Looking at the lumps and feeling them, we discounted Puss, using a Needle we drew fluid from the lumps. The fluid has no smell, no colour and is just like water.

A description of the Snake is that she is a bit fat, I am putting her on a diet to try and slim her down. She had previously had a burn from a heat mat which has healed up OK. She eats and poo's as normal but isn't very active, I have only had her for a month so I am not sure if this is the norm for her not to be so active. Maybe as the weather gets warmer this might change but this is how she is now.

I have 7 Pythons for 8 or 9 years so I am not a newby but I haven't seen this before, we sent the fluids off to Pathology and I should find out the results tomorrow. Has anyone come across this before, my vet is puzzled too but I guess we will get to the bottom of it.

Thanks
Noel
[automerge]1608443900[/automerge]
Update:
Pathology came back A-Celular meaning there are no cells in the liquid. I got onto a Vet I trust that has left the Country, he advised that when Snakes that are a bit fat curl up, the folds that they have fill with fluid, so when the snake unfurls lumps appear. I have had her on a smaller food diet and the lumps have gone..... It was as simple as that but nobody knew what it was including the Path Lab, so this is one for the knowledge bank.
Well done very happy all is well

Latest posts

Back