Spotted python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwmmead13

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a January hatchling spotted python. Personally have had him for 3 weeks now. He is in a vivarium with lots of hiding spots and heat mat and lamp. He ate a fuzzy Sunday, was pretty good to handle yesterday but today is back to thinking my hands are food. Constantly feeling and putting his mouth on flesh, trying to constrict. Could he be hungry already?? Or is he just being a silly baby snake?? Thank you

What temperature is the tank set to? Often higher temperatures can result in quicker digestion. I would recommend always using a snake hook when taking out the snake so it doesn't have any confusion about if its going to be fed or not. Gently touch the snake with the hook and scoop it up transitioning it to your hand once its out of the enclosure. Try to do this every time you handle. If the biting persists outside the enclosure, i would recommend putting on hand sanitiser before handling as often the snake wont bite a hand that smells like hand sanitiser.
Kind regards, Alex

Latest posts

Back