Steve Irwin on T.V about rescue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the add on tele about Steve Irwin saving a man who as he was standard on the rocks with fear of maybe drowning.I think don't quote me but it is on A Current Affair or some news show like that one.Just heard it from where i sit.Not sure where he was if it maybe up north queensland.
Might be worth a watch.Does anyone know exactly what show it's on?

It was in the West Australian paper over here but dont think it was on any tv show I know of.

A Current Affair chanel 9 tonight or today tonight on 7 @ 6.30pm.

I read a bit about it in the sunday telegraph last weekend...

It was off the coast of mexico, 2 US divers went missing and he put all his boats out on search for them.
The lady got swept away and probably drowned they found the guy on the rocks.

Staging an act of capturing animals is one thing but to set up a few mexicans to be saved from drowning to death is just an outrage lol

Just kidding fans...

The 'maximum publicity gods' were smiling favourably upon Steve weren't they. I am sure his new son is thanking the "naming gods" that he at least wasn't named after a fav pet as was his older sister.
I don't know but great result for the old guy, really sad about the lady but wow, Australia now has it's own "Khaki Superman"!! Congrats to Steve's PR team once again.
I will be looking forward to seeing how this is incorporated into the doco, which is why he was there, filming seals and sharks I think

ummmm did u guys ever think he actually did it out of the goodness of his heart??? EVERYONE has a little but of goodness in them

I am not his supporter or basher, I am sure that most of people in his position would do the right thing. He did and good on him.

Well said slatey," good on ya Crikey"

I wonder if the guy that did exactly what Steve did{swam to the rock and helped the old guy to the dinghy}gets a medal as well.So far he didn't even get a mention.Shane.

Or have cloesups of our teary face.Anyone with a boat at the right place at the right time could have easily have done that and probably would have taken there carcky shirt off to make the swim alot easier,but would he be aloud to do that in his contract.lol :D

lmao, you guys are very skeptical aren't you? lol
btw up here in qld, we call anyone south of the border 'Mexicans', when we heard he saved one it was considered bad pr in qld. :twisted:
I think at $175000 per day, which is what he was paid by the govt for his customs ad on tv. The mexican is probably in debt for ever for his half hour rescue.
but serious,
He was in the time and place to help someone and he did, 99.9% of us probably would have too if we were in that situation. He just happens to be famous and now enjoys the free pr.
Unfortunately someone lost their life in the ordeal.

Peace be with her.I hope when I'm 77 I can be doing something I love when I GO.I doubt I'll be fit enough to be diving though,sad but good on her for living the life she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back