Stimson Python Hasn't Shed in Almost 6 Months

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princess_tiarna

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I got my first snake at the end of last year (a 1-year-old Stimson Python) who is now about 1 and 1/2 years old. She has shed twice since i got her and has never refused a feed. I am getting a little concerned because the last time she shed was the 28th of March this year, so it has been almost 6 months since she has shed. I thought maybe because it is currently winter in NSW (i have noticed that she is a lot less active at night). Her tank temperatures are pretty spot on (33 - 35c hot end - 24 - 27c cool end) and the humidity is sitting around 40%. She has been looking pretty dull and milky for a while so i just assumed she was about to shed, but she never has! any advice??

what are you feeding and how often?
Snakes shed when theyre growing

I am currently feeding her two hopper mice once a fortnight. She has definitely grown since I got her

My one same age as yours is on adult mice. He hasn't shed since April, and went off food over winter, so yours that continued to feed throughout winter will be more than capable of atleast a weaner if not an adult.

Ok so do you think I should be feeding her more often?? She doesn’t seem to be hungry (she isn’t ‘hunting’ at night time).

Also, a weaner mouse wouldn’t be too big would it?

By 18 months I'm usually feeding Antaresia rats about the size of two adult mice. I grow them faster than most people do, but weaner mice at 18 months is small unless you've been growing the snake too slowly.

By 18 months I'm usually feeding Antaresia rats about the size of two adult mice. I grow them faster than most people do, but weaner mice at 18 months is small unless you've been growing the snake too slowly.
I've got a female Childrens python that turned one a couple of weeks ago, I am feeding 2 x hoppers also. I've been a bit scared to offer the bigger weaner mouse, It's a big jump in size from hopper to weaner imo.
But I'm going to give her a go on a weaner tonight, if she wont take it my boy will certainly smash it.

Latest posts

Back