Stimsons pythons no more!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they finally figured out that Stimson's and children's are the same thing? Just when I'm in the middle of breeding Stimson Pythons?!

So they finally figured out that Stimson's and children's are the same thing? Just when I'm in the middle of breeding Stimson Pythons?!

They're still Stimson's Pythons.

Stimson's Pythons are just not a separate species. They never were.

Human classifications do not change the nature of reality. Things are what they are, we just slap various labels on it. Many of us have been saying for decades that these were not separate species in a real sense. I've posted about it on APS countless times, often to the ridicule of various people, go figure.

Jungle are not a separate species, they're Carpets, but they're still Jungles and people call them Jungles. Use whatever subspecies you like as an example. You can continue calling your Stimson's Stimson's, don't fret, they just have a different level of taxonomic classification, which is more appropriate than before.

Also saw this little bit mentioning spotteds too. (grabbed it off F/B.)

180065379_10219575847366846_4965231844931800580_n.jpg

All this reminds me of the chat we were having in the other thread on bredli lately.

Latest posts

Back