Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MY beardy

Well this is Pineapple in his usual position ;)

Attachments

• Pineapple 011.jpg
    Pineapple 011.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 122
my jacky just jumped off my bed and into the glass where my pygmy bearded dragon was death staring it :D

?
unless its a spotted monitor.

yeah it was a spotted moniter but it was realy mine i was just minding for a mate for about 2 weeks

yeah it was a spotted moniter but it wasnt realy mine i was just minding for a mate for about 2 weeks
progress.gif

i had my bredli (bindi) out sunning when she did a big poo followed by the biggest and only snake fart i have ever heard... lol... was hilarious

I have a cunninghams that somtimes just starts doing crazy laps of his enclosure. Then he'll repeatedly climb onto his log and leap off into the glass. Very odd

i have a fake rock background (picture one) so when my beardie sits on his basking spot log he randomly leeps into the glass thinking he can climb on the rocks...he doesnt learn and does it quite a few times a day...even when im going to bed somtimes you hear a 'bang'

he will prob get brain damage from it

My Sand Monitor was on top of his log and because he was shedding he was moving his leg around to try and get of the skin, anyway he kept nearly falling everytime he lifted his leg, then he did it again and fell off lol, it was pretty funny.

haha, great stories!!

stupidest thing would be my boy beardy very persistantly trying to eat a fly on the OTHER side of the window,....i ended up feeling so bad fro laughing at him i gave him a bunch of roaches,...

funniest - one of my girls (also beardy) stalks my 6+ foot bredli thru the glass of his tank and tries to eat him.

a few of them chase the vaccuum cleaner cord, most of them chase teh red light that spins when ur recording foxtel shows,..red or green they dont discriminate.

my chubbiest beardy runs over and scabs food whenever she sees a plate on the table,..shes always successful. :)

they try to eat the red button on the remotes....

beardies are an endless barrell of laughs,...

one of the boy geckos chases the metal spoon i use to scoop poo out of their enclosure, hes so quick hes gonna end up with a mouthful of pooey sand one day!!)

my beardie every feeding time i would open the top of his tank and he would jump up before i even brought over the crickets

Carpet Python stuck in a chair!

On a recent trip to a local school on a demonstrators permit, My very large carpet (Elmo)deceided to go over my shoulder down my back to investigate a chair, plastic with a oval hole in it approx where your lower back would be, well hole small snake large, snake panics children laugh as snake tries to constrict chair, chair falls over lucky on carpet, snake calms, releases chair, whole room now quiet watching with facination, great demo
on how the snake kills its prey. but I would rather teach this in a more conventional way.
Elmo was unscathed by the experiance, i am much wiser about those killer plastic chairs.:rolleyes:

hahah tops,
I had 3 baby southern angle heads and when it was feeding time they had no trouble jumping form a branch in their enclosure out to where i was holding the crix box...multiple occassions they got inside the box and went nuts with way to many crix in mouth.

not very funny but oh well.
i was feeding my geckoes and they both chased after the same cricket and then they both pounced on it at the same time so they played tugg-o-war with the cricket until the cricket ripped

my bluey sneezed, and also when there is like 5 crickets left in the container i chuck whole container in the gecko tank and one of the geckos saw a cricket move and jumped... and smashed right into the plastic of the container lol

What amazes me about my stimmo at feeding time is that, if his first bite is not at the head end of the f/t rat or mouse, he can take up to 20 minutes to find the head and start swallowing when he has finished constricting. Also, if he has bitten at the tail end, he struggles with the concept of looking on the other side of the constricting coil for the head. He'll keep going back to examine the tail end many times before he looks past his coil for the other end.

Hmmm, stupidest... perhaps when my bredli boy was going back into his clickclack and put his head in the corner so when I began to shut the lid I noticed something squirming in the corner and he wasn't prepared to move his head (I hadn't applied much pressure onto the lid yet, I'd just put it there), yet when I took it off he went straight for the defrosted rat :lol:

Also the time where my sister TOOK THE LID OFF and it must have been like that for more than six hours, and he was on his perch, and he didn't make an escape ;)

He's certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's a really pretty boy, love him to death :D

I have a few

my male adult cape york is quite agressive and always wants dinner he is in a temporary mesh terra cage and for the last two feedings he would strick at the opening (top of enclosure) and get all top and half of his bottom teeth stuck in the mesh, then he gets even more agro and ties his body in a not trying to free himself. silly bugger I would hate to be bitten by him though those teeth are huge. :O

my bhp dropped his food in his water bowl and struggled to get it out and got in a big huff.

my bhp launched at the rat and landed on my coffee table :D

when I first got my bhp he used to coil up with his food and fall asleep

one of my other newer cape yorks launched at his rat and ended up coiling his food in mid air and fell 3 stories....poor boy but he seems to do this every time.

my big girl about 2 years ago got out one night and woke me up at around 6am to a huge smash, as I came down to hall way I sore my cat fly past the door and I looked around the corner to find a smashed coffee cup on the floor so here I am screaming at the cat thinking it was him, I turned my head and had a heart attack it was medusa coiled ontop of the microwave LMAO think she was hoping for a midnight snack ;)

this is funny mainly my stupid folt but I forgot I got her out when she was 2years old and we started to watch a really scary movie that night, just as a scary part was just about to happen I got this itchy feeling on my side and BAM she got me I've jumped so high out of my chair and my hubby larghing his guts up thought I was scarred becouse of the movie lol meen wile I have blood everywhere and she's got a huge grin on her face..why maybe not but still. I ended up passing out in the bathroom because of the blood lol

this year I watched my pair as I introduced them, she was tence and so was he, they didn't want to touch each other untill his top half went in the box and realised she was infact a she..WELL he got all excited and then his tail on her face rubed her all up and down and his spures where flapping away and flapping her face and she tried getting her head away and his tail followed her it was helarious to see it for the first time, last year they where very secretive.

Last edited:
one of my little dwarf beardies decided to try and pounce on and eat the little droplets of water as i misted the cage today, i was wondering what he was trying to catch in mid are and then realised he could see little droplets, must of thought it was something more exciting then water!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back