Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
our baby beardie sleeping.

Attachments

• IMG_2616.JPG
    IMG_2616.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2617.JPG
    IMG_2617.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 51
my spotted python "snuggles" is a bit weird wenever i get her out of her cage (at night most times) she would rub her nose on my arm then open her mouth like she is biting my arm and find out she dont like the taste of my arm and let go only to do it another 30 seconds later haha

I think I put a thread on here about this but will post it again cause it cracks me up. I put my big female coastal on my bed, on which I have a faux fur blanket. She wanted to see if the blanket was food ( I guess ) so opened her mouth and mouthed the blanket. She didn't bite down but turned her head and looked at me in what I imagined was disgust.

The other story happened just the other day. My big beardie male will eat anything. I mean he goes around licking the dust bunnies on my floor. So the other day I caught him watching the fish in the fish tank so I picked him up to get a better look and he tried to eat them through the glass. It was hilarious watching him lick the glass frantically...until I realised that I was going to have to be the one to clean the beadie spit off the glass, yuck.

my eastern blue tongue lizard likes to eat rocks(river rocks) lucky he can't fit them in his mouth yet so i had to take out all the rocks in his enclosure and plus he likes to eat carpet lol

my beardy that likes to bite toes in the grass caught me unaware yesterday, she looked way impressed with herself! :)

we should continue this thread theres bound to be more funny stories. my spotted would stalk cock roachs get close and they would run away every time she does it i laugh ha lol more stories!!
your spotted .............. python??
stalks roaches????
snakes don't eat roaches

Spotted monitor i would assume ;P

My Broad Banded Sandswimmer would some nights just be running franitcally around the cage but as soon as a cricket hits the sand the hunt is on.. Its a blast to watch lol but i feel bad sometimes because the little bugger often rips the crickets legs off before he gets the killing blow on after another chase lol

my snake likes to play fall over.

climbs as high as he can from the floor to the top and just falls.

my (at the time meter long) female coastal carpet was very hungry one day and decided she couldn't be bothered to find the head of the quail and ate it sideways, she struggled but got it down.She is five foot now, no troubles with food.

My other female coastal carpet got out one night only to be too tired from escaping and fell asleep on top of her cage. My brother (age 21) going to the loo, woke the house up with an almighty scream, that was funny. I don't think he needed the loo after that.

Bec

This was some years ago, I was giving my sister's eastern water dragon, Toggle, a roach in a plastic jar. We put the opening right in front of her so she could reach in and grab it, but instead she ran around to the side of the jar and started "striking" it through the plastic... dumb lizard! :rolleyes:

Well mines in more of the "stupidest thing your reptile does" catagory! My henrylawsoni sleeps like this! Every Night!

Attachments

• Rex In the Corner, Weird!.jpg
    Rex In the Corner, Weird!.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 37
  • Rex In the Corner, Weird! (Inside).jpg
    Rex In the Corner, Weird! (Inside).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
my super clever stimson (no thanks to his super clever owner:() managed to stick himself to the wall of his enclosure by a bit of tape that was temporarily holding up a vine

i pooped myself but after lots of soaking and vaseline we managed to remove it with no harm done :)

needless to say for a newbie like me was traumatic at the time... but once he was safely back on the ground i did stop and think he was a bit of a dillhole :p

(PS please dont flame me for this - i feel bad enough as it is and learnt a VERY valuable lesson :oops:)

My Beardie (named jesus) is a proper tard. Apparently he wasn't looked after very well when he was young, ( i don't think they used UV) and now his motor skills are real off, i don't think he can see to well and his long toes on his back feet are kinda fused straight.
I've had him for a year and half now and his doing great and happy, however i have to hand feed him everything.

I once took out all the furniture in the tank and put half a box of crickets in there and he still couldn't catch one. got so exhausted chasing, diving and missing them he slumped on the floor, with crickets on his mouth and head.
When i had feed him, he gets excited and lunges in the complete opposite direction. I have to quickly stuff the food in his mouth when he opens it.

Sometimes when he's on top of his log he will fling himself off it with all his might and slam hard into the ground or glass. For no reason at all. He's really clumsy as well, so often i will hear all the noise and scratching and find him hanging buy one foot from the ledge frantically trying to get back up.

Stupidest lizard of all time, hard work too. But i love him. So placid and friendly and hilarious. Attached is him in his home

Attachments

• Picture 031sm.jpg
    Picture 031sm.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back