suggestions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluetongue

Reaction score
Hi all, I bought an enclosure recently, the sizing is 1850 long by 60cm wide by 45cm high, my question is what snake could I really put in there? or lizards if I choose to go that way? Thank you

Anything you like depending on how big the snake is. Pick your favorite

You have not stated where you are located.....

If you are in NSW..... will legally hold any Colubrid, Elapid, File Snake or Blind Snake (preferably non-arboreal due to it being low in height) with a snake length up to 3 metres.

It is *just* undersize for a Class E Python (Which only rules out Olive & Scrub Pythons) - but any Class A, B, C or D python (again preferably non-arboreal) up to 3 metres in length is legal in that enclosure.

All of the above applies once the snake is over 18 months of age and on the proviso that it is the sole occupant of the enclosure.

If it were me I would consider a Black-Headed Python for that enclosure....only because they are non-arboreal and this enclosure would provide a large floor area for it.

I have little experience with lizards and applying the CoPs to them so will leave the lizard suggestions to those with more knowledge with them.

I agree with Bart70, at 45cm go for an terrestrial species if looking at snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back