Sydney visit ... looking to herp/seeking help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreyrichard

Reaction score
Hello from the US ... I'll be visiting Sydney in November and was hoping to get a day of field herping in (for photographing only). I'm looking for somewhere reasonably close by downtown for a day trip ... any advice or better yet, anyone want to take a Yank out into the field? My schedule indicates Sunday Nov 8 or Monday Nov 9 work best.

Thanks!

The Japanese Gardens in the heart of sydney have several species of skinks and some beautiful water dragons. Great place to start!

The Japanese Gardens in the heart of sydney have several species of skinks and some beautiful water dragons. Great place to start!

If you dont have transport...then Royal National Park is the go...40 mins by train from the city.. then 15 mins walk from Sutherland station (max) to bushland...If transport then West Head is great as well...better views but either way would be good.

I am not really a herper? but I do a lot of MTB'ing in Royal and see a few snakes mostly RBB's/Tigers/Eastern Browns...I guess if you really go looking for them then they are there...probably I dont see half the snakes I pass as I am going too fast and probably making too much noise.

If you get stuck and need someone I can help but aint no expert...only know the area so at least we wont get lost :oops: The Royal is 200m from my house as the crow flies...but since they put some houses above me...more like 600m drive/walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back