Taking a snake to the vet that's about to shed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeladyaimee

Reaction score
Hey all. I have an appointment on saturday at Karingal Vet Hospital to get my Childrens pythons sexed,but one is looking very dull,and I think is coming up to a shed. I know snakes are extra sensitive when coming up to a shed, so I'm worried the train and bus trip to the vet will make her(?) really stressed. Should I cancel the appointment till after my snake had shed,or will she be ok? Also, with the horrid cold weather we're having in Melbourne at the moment, I was going to put either a gel heat pack or one of those hand warmer stick on heat things against the tubs,but the problem with the gel heat pack is that it cools down pretty quickly with ambient temps,and the stick on heat packs can get really warm,so what would be the best option? One is approximately 6-8 months,and the other is approximately 9-12 months,so being babies, I don't want them freezing or anything. Thank you in advance for the advice!

Considering the appointment is not health related, if it was me I would be re-scheduling the vet visit after your python has shed. Keeping your snake stress free is more important than finding out if its a girl or boy. YOu've answered your own question there. Cancel the appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back