Tank temp problems

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orca_ink

Reaction score
ICCEE8634-97AC-4F8E-A90D-5CFDA6A885F7.jpegmy albino carpet python is 4 yrs old, and 1.5 meters long, and this is her new tank. The top right side has a lamp above the mesh lid, and that side is around 31 degrees in the top half which is her fave spot, and she goes onto the second shelf when she wants to be a little cooler , but it’s hard getting the heat down to the bottom, so in the bottom left there is a heat mat also because there is glass panel on the bottom. So she has multiple warm spots, and cooler points. But I’m worried the cooler points aren’t getting enough warmth? Is it ok because she has plenty on warm spaces to go to? What issues could this cause for her? Or will she be happy since she has multiple temperatures to chose from. She has always been active.

Hi Orca_ink
It realy shouldn't matter, as long as she has access to a warm spot at all times. With a mesh top, most of the heat produced by your bulb ìs going straight up anyway. Personaly i would put the heat mat under the right side, beneath the bottom shelf as the main heat source, and run the lamp through a timer and a dimmer switch for additional daytime heat. Good luck.

I agree with CF,
It doesn’t really matter too much how cold the cool spot gets as long as they have a warm spot to retreat to. Your snake will seek out a spot with a favorable temperature. If it is too cold on the cool side then she will move to a spot with a bit more heat. The cool end is supposed to be cool so it doesn’t matter if it isn’t getting warm enough. Your warm side temps sound good. Although if you wanted you could raise the temps slightly, to about 32-33. If she has multiple temps to choose from then she should be able to find a preferable basking temp in the enclosure to maintain her preferred body temperature. (by the way that’s a pretty good looking setup you have for her. Stunning)

Back