The Ratties New Palace

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJoyces

Reaction score
Sooo I can't take all the credit for this, however I did weld the bottom base as these enclosures don't come with a base, and I did mesh the front. It's a work in progess atm, because I still have some PVC running pipes to put in. In total there will be three new homes, all two storey. I know seems a little over kill for my snakes food, however I don't like breeding buckets, and think they are still entitled to have some kind of life before they meet the CO2 room.... Any way thought I would throw these pics up, more will come when I have finally finished all of them.

Attachments

• rathome.jpg
    rathome.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 141
  • rathome2.jpg
    rathome2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 148
  • rathome3.jpg
    rathome3.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 139
They're stunning enclosures.
i agree with you and the nice enclosures.
Although I know they're snake food I still don't like seeing hundreds in one tub. It doesn't cost much to build a couple of decent sized enclosures for the rats. I know it's more economical not to but still. They're animals too and we should respect them and be kind to them as they provide food for our snake so really I think they deserve a bit of respect for dying for our snakes. And I know it's nature but at least in the wild the rodents have a huge amount of space haha.
well I don't wanna turn this into an argument.
great cage!

Nice design...however those wooden floors & walls will hold in a lot of smell depending on how many rats you intend in keeping.

I've always used the plastic tubs, purely for hygiene purposes and they can't chew it to pieces...

Looks like you've got a dove or buff? Beautiful rat, looks like whiskers :D Wish I could give my 5 that space :(

will they chew the wood?
No because I put things in there to chew on. Plus there isn't really any wood sticking out for them to gnaw on. It's all flat it would be like you trying to eat through a piece of flat plastic...

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you've got a dove or buff? Beautiful rat, looks like whiskers :D Wish I could give my 5 that space :(

honestly they are cheap as chips - I will PM details if you like sharkyy1o5

- - - Updated - - -

I've always used the plastic tubs, purely for hygiene purposes and they can't chew it to pieces...
Rats are quite intelligent, I put their houses and play stuff up top and the botton has there food water and sawdust and you will find they tend to use the sawdust and leave the rest always has worked for me in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice design...however those wooden floors & walls will hold in a lot of smell depending on how many rats you intend in keeping.

so far never had a problem, as I keep their living and play areas seperate. I have used this design in aprevious place I have lived and all good. I just don't like cramming them into plastic tubs. It's just a personal thing. Thanks for the compliments though. WIll keep you posted with the rest of the upgrades

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back