The skink spiral.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friller2009

Reaction score
Hi all, recently I’ve started my descent into the rabbit hole that is skinks.
It started when I got my pair of pink tongue skinks,
Recently I got a pair of Cunningham’s skinks,
I’m arranging to get a pair of blue tongues in a couple weeks.
There are some great little skinks, that i’m looking forward to adding to my collection like Egernia Depressa, some Albino Blueys and Copper tailed skinks.
See you all when my collection is all skinks!

Sounds good 👍🇩🇰 you can never have too many skinks 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20220123_131007_769.jpg
    IMG_20220123_131007_769.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220122_141811_632.jpg
    IMG_20220122_141811_632.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 11
  • MOV_0507.mp4
    27.9 MB
  • IMG_20220116_141727_828.jpg
    IMG_20220116_141727_828.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 11
Gotta love skinkys. I've too gone down or up the so called spiral.. 30yrs in the hobby I've done carpets, various monitors and dragons and have landed on skinks predominantly. Wish I kept my depressa and gold fields but everything happens for a reason. Skinks are such a joy to keep and here in Oz it's fair to say it's the land of skink with atleast 389 species across 38 genera.

"Life's a journey not a destination enjoy the ride"
"The path isn't a straight line, it's a spiral. You continually come back to things you thought you understood and see deeper truths"

Gotta love skinkys. I've too gone down or up the so called spiral.. 30yrs in the hobby I've done carpets, various monitors and dragons and have landed on skinks predominantly. Wish I kept my depressa and gold fields but everything happens for a reason. Skinks are such a joy to keep and here in Oz it's fair to say it's the land of skink with atleast 389 species across 38 genera.

"Life's a journey not a destination enjoy the ride"
"The path isn't a straight line, it's a spiral. You continually come back to things you thought you understood and see deeper truths"
Oh man, i’d love goldfields, but the price is hard to convince others to let me purchase. Hopefully some gidgees might be on the way if they are compatible with frillys

Get the goldfeilds if you can, overhere you pay 10000 aussie dollars for a pair of babies 😳🙄

I was going to say it's not much different here until I realised you'd put in an extra zero!

Skinks are fantastic lizards. I've had a lot of fun working with small and medium skinks, and some of the large, popular ones are brilliant too. I dearly miss keeping lizards and look forward to a time when it'll fit in with my lifestyle again. If I get to go back and live abroad again I'd like to work with some of the exotic skinks while I have the opportunity, some of them are amazing. In Australia I really love some of the Carlias, Eulamprus, some of the humble Ctenotus, and of course you can't overlook Tiliqua or the mighty Land Mullet. Some of the Eulamprus equivalents I saw in Japan with their vivid blue colours and striking black and white stripes blew my mind, and the locals thought the white man running around in the drainage canals chasing them was quite mad.

Latest posts

Back