The start of my first enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisPortman

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought I'd post this. A lot of the design is based on what I've learnt in these forums. This is my first enclosure which will house my first reptile, which will be a Central Bearded which I'll hopefully get at either the up coming Castle Hill Expo or the Hawksbury Herp Expo (depending on the state of readiness).

I decided to take advantage of the moisture resistant properties (as well as the price, $14ea for 1200x595x16) of melamine for the panels that will be invisible from the exterior (base, back and ceiling) and use pine "porta panels" for the sides, the interior of which will be sealed (hopefully tomorrow to allow for plenty of time before the expos to air out) and the outside stained to match other furniture as best as possible.

There will be a hinged hood cover to come to hide power boards and gauges and whatnot and probably glass sliding doors with some standard pine moulding as a surround.

I plan to install a 2ft fluro fitting (i need to confirm that the 2ft 18W fittings that the likes of Bunnings sells will take the 2ft UVB tubes from Exo Terra or similar) and a basking light/CHE (any opinions regarding basking light vs CHE) fitting close to the UVB.

I also found this for environment monitoring which may come a little later on:
MiniGoose II: Web-based Temperature Monitor & Environmental Monitor - Perfect for Aisle Rack Monitor

It accepts multiple of all sorts of monitoring probes (temp through to humidity/air flow/dew point, not that theyre all relevant) plus it connects to a network and can be monitored by a monitoring solution like Nagios (free linux software) that will graph the temps and send alerts if temps break thresholds. (I'm into computing/computers).

Anyway, like to thank the community here for the wealth of information shared over the last 8-10 months, its been great help and will continue to be.

Chris

Attachments

• enclosure.jpg
    enclosure.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back