The Start of My Long Breeding Journey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrScales

Reaction score
Hi All,

Long time reader and first time poster!

So I’m excited to take up my old hobby of pythons and hoping to get some advice.

I’m looking to breed in a few years once my current collection is of age and size. They’re all Hatchies to purposely allow me a few years of research and to build up my experience again. A lot has changed since owning pythons 20 years ago!

I’m hoping for some guidance on my current collection, to see what is worth pairing etc

I have so far;
- Male Sunglow Darwin (from Het Albino x Super Caramel)
- Female 100%Albino Darwin (top grade)
- Female 100% Het Albino (from Albino darwin x Het coastal/Darwin)
- Female Sunglow Jag (Snow x Sunglow)
- Male Albino Het Granite
- Male Hypo Bredli x Coastal

I have bought my Hatchies based on their appearance and uniqueness.

i would like to one day be able to breed a snow or moonglow(coastal blood)

any tips, suggestions or recommendations would be hugely appreciated!

You might have shot yourself in a foot by buying hatchlings if you’re going off their looks and uniqueness… one expensive lesson I learned is they’ll change ALOT over the years… I had a light smoky grey snake turn into a normal looking coastal… with a decent price tag behind it

apart from that… please don’t cross the different species

IMO get rid of the jag

Hi All,

Long time reader and first time poster!

So I’m excited to take up my old hobby of pythons and hoping to get some advice.

I’m looking to breed in a few years once my current collection is of age and size. They’re all Hatchies to purposely allow me a few years of research and to build up my experience again. A lot has changed since owning pythons 20 years ago!

I’m hoping for some guidance on my current collection, to see what is worth pairing etc

I have so far;
- Male Sunglow Darwin (from Het Albino x Super Caramel)
- Female 100%Albino Darwin (top grade)
- Female 100% Het Albino (from Albino darwin x Het coastal/Darwin)
- Female Sunglow Jag (Snow x Sunglow)
- Male Albino Het Granite
- Male Hypo Bredli x Coastal

I have bought my Hatchies based on their appearance and uniqueness.

i would like to one day be able to breed a snow or moonglow(coastal blood)

any tips, suggestions or recommendations would be hugely appreciated!
Thanks for the reply

Yeah I made my first mistake buying the Jag. Not a fan after doing my research.

I might just stick to graphite journey.

I will breed my Bredli with an Albino Bredli, I love the gorgeous oranges, whites and reds that come through.

darwins with darwins

i agree with the comments re cross breeding species

Thanks for the reply

Yeah I made my first mistake buying the Jag. Not a fan after doing my research.

I might just stick to graphite journey.

I will breed my Bredli with an Albino Bredli, I love the gorgeous oranges, whites and reds that come through.

darwins with darwins

i agree with the comments re cross breeding species
albino bredli are x species mate, unfortunately breeders are starting To remove the “cross” part because they’re high percentage bredli they think they don’t need to advertise them as cross.

there’s no albino carpet besides Darwin’s and debatable coastals

graphite project sounds pretty interesting

You might have shot yourself in a foot by buying hatchlings if you’re going off their looks and uniqueness… one expensive lesson I learned is they’ll change ALOT over the years… I had a light smoky grey snake turn into a normal looking coastal… with a decent price tag behind it

IMO get rid of the jag
Why should he get rid of the jag?

albino bredli are x species mate, unfortunately breeders are starting To remove the “cross” part because they’re high percentage bredli they think they don’t need to advertise them as cross.

there’s no albino carpet besides Darwin’s and debatable coastals

graphite project sounds pretty interesting
Thanks for the response and yes, Bredli is cross, although when I first started my journey I thought it was mostly central carpet.

the graphite project is probably 2 years away as I have the Albino Het Graphite, and I’ll breed him with a caramel doublet het albino graphite

Why should he get rid of the jag?

IMO get rid of the jag
Still no reply regarding getting rid of the jag

On jags with neuro issues, we have one with mild neuro issues and one with none at all, so can be hit and miss, our neuro girl only shows signs in our larger tanks so it can be manageable if you’re willing to give them a go 🤷🏽‍♀️

On jags with neuro issues, we have one with mild neuro issues and one with none at all, so can be hit and miss, our neuro girl only shows signs in our larger tanks so it can be manageable if you’re willing to give them a go 🤷🏽‍♀️
The baby jag has minor neuro, only when stressed. She’s beautiful to look at, but I agree, I won’t be breeding her. Many pet stores and breeders alike have stopped selling due to the neuro

Latest posts

Back