The things I see

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westaussie

Reaction score
We stopped to identify this roadkill orange naped snake, (Furina ornata) when a king brown happened along. He too had eyes on this roadkill. Started eating it right in front of us and didn?t mind the camera. This meal was over in about 60 seconds,he then turned back the way he came and disapeared into the scrub.

Re: RE: The things I see

farmdog said:
is this seen often of other reptiles eating carrion and road kills

I have seen it a few times. I believe that it happens regularly.

RE: Re: RE: The things I see

another five minutes later and both snakes would have been gone ...
and we would have seen nothing at all

AWESOME pics!!!!Bet they could try catching something like that for real in a documentary they could try for yonks and still never get to see that i reckon!!!!That would've been unreal to watch!

Did you video it?

I agree, Excellent shots. Lukky Bastard to have seen that. Well Done :D

Re: RE: Re: RE: The things I see

BROWNS said:
AWESOME pics!!!!

Did you video it?

you wouldnt believe it - We grabbed the video & the battery was flat

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: The things I see

Just seen a dugite eating a whipsnake about 3 weeks before this one. I didnt have my camera handy that time. so cant give you pics.

Perhaps that is something for herpe lovers to be aware of - if you see some snake roadkill it would be best to move it off to the side of the road - that way it is firstly another snake coming for a meal isn't going to be run over, and secondly it stops snakes associating the road with easy food (thereby increasing the likelihood that they will hang around in such a dangerous spot).

I usually move dead snakes off the road, admittedly just to see what they were most of the time. Another good reason to move them is that a dead female can still attract males.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back