Tips for a lost snake in the house.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatieM

Reaction score
I only recently got my first pet snake afew days ago, a hatchling stimsons python. It was going really well. He had his first feed and shed. Was happy in his tank. I left for work. Checked him before i left to make sure he was ok. The left for my night shift. I return in the morning to no snake in his enclosure. I have no clue how he got out. Ive put flour on all my door ways. I believe ive turned my house upsidedown looking for him and i feel horrible this has happened in the first few days i had him. Any tips?

Check very carefully the enclosure again & around & under the enclosure
You would be very surprised the small places they can get into
A hatchling will not generally go far but if felling insecure will squeeze into the closest confined space it can find
Look carefully even the smallest of spaces that you think it could never get in there
Good luck finding it

Check very carefully the enclosure again & around & under the enclosure
You would be very surprised the small places they can get into
A hatchling will not generally go far but if felling insecure will squeeze into the closest confined space it can find
Look carefully even the smallest of spaces that you think it could never get in there
Good luck finding it
I got some friends over to give me a hand. No luck yet. Whats the procedure if i cant find him. Do i have to report it in the ebook?

I you dont have it any longer you do but dont rush into doing that just keep looking you will hopefully find it
Just be carefull if you have cats or dogs that they dont find it first

I you dont have it any longer you do but dont rush into doing that just keep looking you will hopefully find it
Just be carefull if you have cats or dogs that they dont find it first
Thank you. Ive got flour at the doorways and some hides scatted around. Really hoping i can find him

i had the same issue disappeared for almost a week turned out got into the fluro hole, as i had installed with a gap had the hole sealed so as not to repeat

Hi I have a 12 month old Childrens python. When he was a hatchling he got out of his enclosure through about a 3mm gap. The gap was in one of the access holes for the cables. Check right over the enclosure for any gaps this size. You would be surprised what they can get through. Glad he was found safe and sound.

Latest posts

Back