Transitioning feeders!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Msnowden

Reaction score
Hey, im after some tips im trying to get my 1yr old stimson onto mice fuzzys but she wont have a bar of them. Still happy to eat pinkys atm she on 2 a week but still looks for more after hence why im moving up in feeder. Anyone else had any issues transitioning or have any tips
Thanks šŸ

Hey, im after some tips im trying to get my 1yr old stimson onto mice fuzzys but she wont have a bar of them. Still happy to eat pinkys atm she on 2 a week but still looks for more after hence why im moving up in feeder. Anyone else had any issues transitioning or have any tips
Thanks šŸ
What methods have you tried? Braining, daisy chaining, leaving it in overnight, not offering food for a couple weeks?

Yeah, pinkies are far too small, glad you're getting something bigger.
- Warm it up (I use a Tupperware container in a bowl of warm water, like you would a baby bottle)
- offer at night
- stab the brain/head
- use tongs to wiggle the food near it's face
Good luck!

I use a container to warm them in warm water, I've even tried warming in a bag submerged so it stays dry, always use tongs to feed, she will come up to it and sniff it but just wont take it. Since trying the fuzzy shes turned off all food will try stabbing the head next time.

Latest posts

Back