Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawra

Come here Squishy!
Reaction score
What's this? Friend found it injured next to their house they think it got run over.

dezumyse.jpg

a6asanav.jpg

Looks to me like a blue phase green tree snake. Very nice , pity it died.

It died :( but lived the last of its life with a hide, heat and water bowl in the box it crawled into.

(Not chit chat :p )

Dendrelaphis punctulatus (Common Tree Snake) - Although head damaged, one can still make out the loreal scale. That in combination with the long thin body shape, head shape and large eyes, are diagnostic. The slightly more robust build, lack of a dark streak through the bottom of the eye and overall colour distinguish it from Dendrelaphis calligaster (Northern Tree Snake).

A beautiful blue phase animal with blackish tones on the dorsal surface. If not from Mackay may I ask where it was located?

Blue

Dendrelaphis punctulatus (Common Tree Snake) - Although head damaged, one can still make out the loreal scale. That in combination with the long thin body shape, head shape and large eyes, are diagnostic. The slightly more robust build, lack of a dark streak through the bottom of the eye and overall colour distinguish it from Dendrelaphis calligaster (Northern Tree Snake).

A beautiful blue phase animal with blackish tones on the dorsal surface. If not from Mackay may I ask where it was located?

Blue

At Bucasia Beach, about 15km north of Mackay.

Thanks for that Lawra. i might point that the old spelling of "D. punctulata" was changed to "D. punctulatus" a few years back. Something to do with agreement of gender with the genus, from memory.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back