Trio of lustful venomous snakes removed from Townsville home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaviemys purvisi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Untitled.png
KEAGAN ELDER, Townsville Bulletin
August 22, 2018

A TOWNSVILLE snake catcher has had to interrupt a pair of raunchy venomous snakes to remove them from a Townsville yard.

Jamie Chapel, owner of Chapel Pest Control and Snake Take Away, was yesterday called by a woman to remove one eastern brown snake from a Railway Estate yard.

But his call out tripled when he first came across a mating pair.

2snakes.png
Townsville snake catcher Jamie Chapel removes a pair of mating eastern brown snakes from a Railway Estate yard. Photo: Facebook

“They were together at the time (mating) when I was there looking for the other snake,” Mr Chapel said.

“It’s not uncommon to see them on the move at this time of year, looking for a mate and looking for food at the same time.”

When fronted by the mating pair of eastern browns, the second most venomous snake in the world, Mr Chapel had to wait for the perfect moment to grab the two snakes.

“I had to think of a plan. I stood there quietly … then I grabbed them at the same time,” he said.

But that would not be the last call from the Railway Estate address. When Mr Chapel was out releasing the mating pair he was called back to catch the snake he had originally been called for.

“The other one was following the pheromone trail,” he said.

c73d2b7e74ee93af694bf135ffebd309.jpg
This pair of mating eastern brown snakes were captured by Townsville snake catcher Jamie Chapel. Photo: Facebook

Mr Chapel warned pet owners to vigilant at this time of year.

“If a person, who has pets, sees a snake lock them up straight away,” he said.

“Keeping the snake away from the pets is the main priority.

“If you suspect your pet has been bitten take it straight to the vet.”

Mr Chapel said snake bite symptoms could occur within in minutes, depending on the type of snake or bite, but by the time symptoms occurred it might be too late to save the pet.

“If you see a snake, don’t risk your life or another’s — call a catcher.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back