Turtle ID.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambi_Bambi_Ambi

Reaction score
My partner and I recently acquired a turtle from a work colleague. The work colleague said it was a Brisbane river turtle and had the turtle for the last 20 years. The turtle had no filter, no UVB light, heat lamp, plants or any basking rock. It was also fed the turtle dinners that include red meat.
We have inputted all of the above and are trying to get a better ID of the type of turtle to make sure we are setting up the tank correctly, feeding correctly etc. We also have a vet booking as well. It has never been to the vet in this timeframe either.

I appreciate your help and whatever advice you can point in our direction. We were going to get a python and have been researching that the past 6 months but could not leave the turtle in this condition. So we only have 1 - 2 months of research under our belt.

We have been advised it is a girl. Based on the anal placement we believe it may be a male.
1781e5c7bdb8691d9ebad0502d2944cf.jpg
315d7a42aa6181f605add2d8b7460c3d.jpg
25808498529304d7106e84ca5edaac54.jpg
e79ff7d31e23c522b30361ce529a9a24.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Your best bet would be to go the Australian Freshwater Turtle forum. They will be able to help you with everything you need.

Definitely Emydura complex but that unfortunately narrows it down to any of 15 subspecies or any number of combinations of those, if captive bred... Without knowing EXACTLY where it came from, it's an impossible task to identify it 100 accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back