Turtle swing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

expansa1

Banned
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post this pic of one of my turtles using a dislodged turtle dock as a turtle swing. Sorry. It looked funny at the time.

Turtleswing003.jpg

Cheers,

Craig

very nice turts craig, subglobosa?

Very cute, your water is amazingly clear.

The reason it is so clear is because of the Purigen Pillow that we have in every filter. Makes a huge difference to the clarity of the water.

how much are those pillows woth? do you use both canister and internal in your tank?

Hi Craig,
What would be the going price of pig-nose turtles as babies??

never been bred in aust so no going price on babies, i think i have seen speciemens go for a few thousand when they do pop up for sale

from what i have heard they have never been bred in aust, i know it was like that a couple of years back and havent heard any different

how much are those pillows woth? do you use both canister and internal in your tank?

The Purigen pillows are around $30 but they last forever because they can be recharged in household bleach, then placed in a buffer. They are white to start with and go dark brown indicating they need to be recharged.

In the bigger tanks I use a canister and internal powerhead with filter attached to it.

i was just on an international turtle site and they get them for a few hundred, very cute turtles

i was just on an international turtle site and they get them for a few hundred, very cute turtles

They're the Papua New Guinea Pig-nosed turtles known as Fly River turtles. They grow much larger than the Australian ones.

are they classed as separate subspecies or just geograpghical varietys?

are they classed as separate subspecies or just geograpghical varietys?

Pretty soon it looks like they'll be a different species. There is DNA work being done on them at the moment.

nice turts mate

how old are the turts in that tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back