Turtle with beardies???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obrien

Reaction score
i was just browsing through some videos on youtube of peoples bearded dragons and noticed there is one video with 3 beardies living with a turtle is this normal? i was very supprised whan i noticed that there was a turtle in there lol. The name of the video of anyone wants to see it is Pogona vitticeps rouge. And also what is the name of the turtle like the species? thanks.

:? I've never heard of Beardies and turts being housed together :?

I know nothing about Turtles or Beardies, but why couldn't you?

And for that matter, if you decided to have a tank as part of a much larger snake enclosure, is there any reason why couldn't keep a turtle with a small python or tree snakes?

if the turtle has his own space the beardies wont bother him. the only problem i can see is if the beardie got in the turtles water and drowned.

itts a land turtle, they cant swim, so it would just have a lil water bowl, so i think it would be fine...

my beardy lives with turtles and water dragons.

Seriously. It works. The beardies line up for rides around the pond on the turtles' backs while the water dragons patrol the pond to rescue any beardies that haven't yet passed swimming lesson #4 and fall in.

The Beardies get exciting, fun times
The Turtles get exercise, and..
The Water Dragons get a feeling of importance, pride and self worth, which, I may add is important, as you experienced herpers will know Water's are prone to depression and this provides the hand up they require.

turtle tourtise same thing. I dont think it actually has any water in the enclosure. Are these tourtises from overseas or can you get them here in Aus?

i wish they were legal here! its about the only exotic i want lol

Its funny how we always want exotics becasue we are bored of what we have here, but i bet if you where in america you would want autralian animals (which i recon they have, they have everything). Also msot people are bored with what they have because they only keep the basics, get you licence up to class 2 and 3 then go and get soem more 'exotic' animals, or get a private zoo license.

Its funny how we always want exotics becasue we are bored of what we have here, but i bet if you where in america you would want autralian animals (which i recon they have, they have everything). Also msot people are bored with what they have because they only keep the basics, get you licence up to class 2 and 3 then go and get soem more 'exotic' animals, or get a private zoo license.

If you are really "bored" with Aussie herps you are either ignorant or should be into pop music or fashion instead of herpetology. To my knowledge they dont have Varanus panoptes panoptes or V.p.rubidus in the US(yet) so why would you go there? Sure if you live in Florida you can get nice free burmese python steaks and scaly fashions, but is that really worth leaving Australia for? :shock::lol:;):p

But yeah i would like to be able to keep tortoises under strict regualtions, especially if it was funded by cracking down on illegally kept exotic critters(obviously a completely hypothetical situation).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back