two male BD together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

komodo

Reaction score
I was just wondering is there any dangers of keeping two male beardies together?

male bearded dragons will not live well together, you can have alot of bearded dragons (males and females) when they are young, but not for long

I agree. I put 2 male beardies in together last week but had to separate them because they fought like cats and dogs. Strangely the smaller of the two was the dominant lizard. Even now a couple of days after I separated them, the little one is running around bobbing his head up and down in anger.

I can definitely say from my experience that two male bearded dragons don't belong in the same enclosure, I have only had them for four months, before last week they got along fine however, they are not getting along and need to be separated.

Wish I had know that before I bought them, little grumpy at the pet shop for not letting me know this, I did ask their sex but they said they did know :(

im not sure but i may think if you have a large pit (like 15 feet by 15 feet) that you can have several male beardies, i am saying this because michael toohey (person i got my female beardie off) has a large pit with beardies and i think he has male and female.
but like i said im not sure, most of the time in most enclosures they cannot live together

im not sure but i may think if you have a large pit (like 15 feet by 15 feet) that you can have several male beardies, i am saying this because michael toohey (person i got my female beardie off) has a large pit with beardies and i think he has male and female.
but like i said im not sure, most of the time in most enclosures they cannot live together

woops i mean males with males, not male and female !

It can depend on how old they are. The youngsters can't hurt each other and will only fight for territory dominance and the other will become submissive. As they get older, seperate them or one morning you'll come in and find one missing body parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back