Ultimate Recycling.. (Pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well I just did the rounds and opened up one of my pedelings takeaway container to see he hadn't eaten his cricket. I searched through his sphagnum moss, and found him. He was much darker than normal and not moving at all, even when I gently nudged him... Poor little bloke was dead..

But with so many hungry mouths to feed, nothing ever goes to waste so he got given to the ever-hungry crabs.

Recyler004.jpg

Recyler001.jpg

Recyler002.jpg

Recyler003.jpg

Recyler005.jpg

R.I.P little buddy...

You're a MONSTER!!!!!
HOW DARE YOU FEED A BELOVED PET TO ANOTHER ANIMAL!!!!
:lol:

haha, how are the crabs settling in? do you see them much?

They come out at night every now and again, but mostly chill in the water. They're fun to feed roaches and crickets to. Figured I may as well put the little bloke to good use.

No idea how he died though.. I was doing everything right. Any pede keepers got ideas?

haha, i want one of those B.A. amazonian pedes, they eat birds apparently and other large thigns ilke rats

I think he meant rubbish Isis.

What's a B.A. Amazonian pede? Hahaha that sounds like a made up common name.

Crabs are the ocean's recycler, they scavenge on just about anything. It is surprising they taste so good!

Oysters are the sea's filters, and people think they taste good too! Hahaha

rocks are the oceans base....they taste like rocks!

hey philk, in one of the latest australian auarium mags, this dude was using his homebrew beer (while brewing) to suppliment the co2 in his planted aquarium (freash water) in daylight hours. i thought it was ingenius. an inovative way to recycle.

Hmm..That may be taking recycling to the extreme, but if he had signed the donor card, it would be ok. Im sure he would have been happy his death wasnt in vain, and that his body helped keep another alive..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back