• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Unusual "Calico/piebald" Black Tiger Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Scientific Name

Notechis ater

Common Name

Black Tiger Snake (Kangaroo Island)

About three years

Sex

Male

Length

About 120cm? Adult, ready to breed.

Quantity Available

One

Price

Offers

General Description

This snake has some very unusual "calico" or "piebald" markings on his belly, one small white spot and one large orange and white blotch. I have planned to breed this snake and test to see if I can get more blotches, or blotches on the dorsal side of the snakes (which would look utterly awesome), but I have been distracted with other projects including the albino Death Adders, and I can't see myself getting around to this project in less than about another three years. I think that's a shame, and I have decided that I would rather someone else was breeding this boy rather than have him sit with me with his potential untested and unrealised for several extra years.

He is a lovely-natured Black Tiger, has been a great feeder since he was a youngster, and he looks great, even ignoring the unusual markings. He has been completely unbanded since birth, I have had him since before his first feed.

I'm asking for offers, but to give you some idea, I know that since the genetics and potential are untested he isn't worth several thousand dollars, so I'm not after an unrealistic figure. I'm keen to see elapid morphs being established, so I'd definitely prefer him to go to someone who was going to put a solid effort into breeding this boy, hanging on to babies, and breeding them to test his genetics. Unfortunately, holding back an entire litter of Tiger Snakes and growing them all up is a bit more than I can commit to personally, at least any time soon. If he doesn't sell I'll find a friend who wants to take him on breeding loan with some arrangement with the offspring.

Pictures...

Body.jpg

The large orange and white blotch

Orangeblotch.jpg

Closer shot of the orange and white blotch

Blotchy.jpg

Another, smaller, white blotch

Whitespot.jpg

Completely unbanded since birth

Ohyeahwellyourmumisugly.jpg

Melbourne.

Willing to Freight?